• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wembley food question

Angus

Can anyone shed any light to exactly what fish was being sold? Far too small for a Cod/Haddock.

Legohead

Banned
Usually, unscrupulous vendors serve farmed Basa also known as Vietnamese River Cobbler and pass it off as cod/haddock. It's similar although the fillets are smaller and the meat is slightly more translucent even when cooked well. I've sent numerous food orders back at places for them trying to rip me off. It's cheap fish and most punters won't either know they being conned or won't care. Could be this perhaps?

Legohead

Banned
Usually, unscrupulous vendors serve farmed Basa also known as Vietnamese River Cobbler and pass it off as cod/haddock. It's similar although the fillets are smaller and the meat is slightly more translucent even when cooked well. I've sent numerous food orders back at places for them trying to rip me off. It's cheap fish and most punters won't either know they being conned or won't care. Could be this perhaps?
I'd usually take my own food or eat well before the game. Footy catering in this country belongs in the dark ages.

les.gtfc

I'd usually take my own food or eat well before the game. Footy catering in this country belongs in the dark ages.
Unless you're a Kidderminster fan!

I should've been firmer with grandsons but they wanted to get into the stadium straight away.....crappy chicken & chips....will never pay Wembley food/drink prices again.

dontpassback

Cheese and pickle sarnies ate in the car at Hillingdon station,lovely !

Legohead

Banned
I should've been firmer with grandsons but they wanted to get into the stadium straight away.....crappy chicken & chips....will never pay Wembley food/drink prices again.
It's not so much the price of food / drink KirtonRed but more the quality and choice of it or lack of should I say. Forest Green have had some stick for their clean eating overhaul but I have to give them some credit. The mistake they made was banning all of the footy staple favourites such as meat pies, sausage rolls etc altogether. I don't particularly like eating artery clogging meat products personally but a lot of fans do so in the case of FGR, they should have kept the old catering but introduced what they have now in alignment so fans have a choice. It's Dale Vince's club and he can do what he likes with it but that would be the fairest way of doing it for all fans.

It's the lack of choice for fans like me. If you don't want to eat anything deep fried, death in pastry or mystery meat in a refined white flour bap then you're pretty much screwed. I don't want to ban these things like Forest Green have done because I accept they are as much a part of footy as the footy itself but it is 2017 now and football catering even in the lower leagues should at least make a token attempt to reflect this by offering a few more 'foodie' options.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
As an aside, the food at FGR is very good indeed, and very popular with the fans. They have 2 large bar areas within the main stand which are also eating areas (one quite nice with loads of tables and the other more of a takeaway), and they are both extremely popular. I'm not a vegetarian, but I really like the food they serve up, the beer in these bars is also of the highest quality

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
As an aside, the food at FGR is very good indeed, and very popular with the fans. They have 2 large bar areas within the main stand which are also eating areas (one quite nice with loads of tables and the other more of a takeaway), and they are both extremely popular. I'm not a vegetarian, but I really like the food they serve up, the beer in these bars is also of the highest quality
I went to FGR a couple of seasons ago & was impressed with the quality of the food on offer (I am a veggie & have been served expensive rubbish at many establishments that cater for my ilk)

I have read lots of nonsense written about the food on offer at FGR.To those people I say,try it,you may well be surprised & demand improvement to the fare on offer at other football grounds.

AP..I hope the fixture list is kind to you & you are back from the sunshine by the time we visit Nailsworth.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The dark ages ? Did you ever try the boiled burgers they served up in the BB end of the Cowshed ? (n)