Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Overzealous Stewards

Re: Overzealous Stewards

Quote Originally Posted by ECFC89 View Post
    Fair enough, everyone's entitled to their views, I just thought the people who were removed (near me anyway) were dealt with very unfairly. Nice, normal people, not the stone island/wannabe hooligans they apparently are...
    Fair point ECFC89. If they weren't shouting, arguing, swearing or being aggressive and were asked to move / leave regardless of what they were wearing, then that to me seems a bit weird. Is this what happened?
    Last edited by Legohead; 29 May 2017 at 19:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Legohead View Post
    Fair point ECFC89. If they weren't shouting, arguing, swearing or being aggressive and were asked to move / leave regardless of what they were wearing, then that to me seems a bit weird. Is this what happened?
    Removed for effectively being in the 'red legion' area, a bit of we can't kick you all out, so we'll have a couple. Frustrating for a lot of good people. One person kicked out for being five seats out, removed, and then told if he didn;t give his details he would be arrested. Just a bit OTT in my opinion. But opinions it what a forum is for so I will accept some people will disagree, and feel it was fair they were moved out or the 'well why didn't you just sit five seats to the ****ing left'. In the grand scheme of things however, not enough for people to be kicked out. If people noticed, the stewards and police did a very good job of making a lot of the singing area spread out , and become apart, killing the atmosphere, during half time.
    Last edited by ECFC89; 29 May 2017 at 19:45.

Quote Originally Posted by ECFC89 View Post
    Removed for effectively being in the 'red legion' area, a bit of we can't kick you all out, so we'll have a couple. Frustrating for a lot of good people. One person kicked out for being five seats out, removed, and then told if he didn;t give his details he would be arrested. Just a bit OTT in my opinion. But opinions it what a forum is for so I will accept some people will disagree, and feel it was fair they were moved out or the 'well why didn't you just sit five seats to the ****ing left'. In the grand scheme of things however, not enough for people to be kicked out. If people noticed, the stewards and police did a very good job of making a lot of the singing area spread out , and become apart, killing the atmosphere, during half time.
    Does sound a bit harsh on the face of it, especially if they were trying to come to some sort of arrangement without being aggressive and still being asked to leave / move or face arrest. I know some stewards can be absolute tw%ts but then again so can a tiny minority of ECFC fans. Not saying they were being on this occasion though as I wasn't in there. It's not black and white I guess so maybe I've been a bit harsh with my criticism of some fans. I just hate the moronic numbskull drunk fans who just think they can do and shout what they want, disrupt the enjoyment of games of others around them and get away with it but thankfully incidents involving these are few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by Legohead View Post
    Does sound a bit harsh on the face of it, especially if they were trying to come to some sort of arrangement without being aggressive and still being asked to leave / move or face arrest. I know some stewards can be absolute tw%ts but then again so can a tiny minority of ECFC fans. Not saying they were being on this occasion though as I wasn't in there. It's not black and white I guess so maybe I've been a bit harsh with my criticism of some fans. I just hate the moronic numbskull drunk fans who just think they can do and shout what they want, disrupt the enjoyment of games of others around them and get away with it but thankfully incidents involving these are few and far between.
    Agree completly. I am not standing up for the ********s who decided to just shout, swear and give abuse to stewards all game. I just felt it was all a bit unnecessary, in the view that the stewards could of approached the situation better, and avoid the disruption that happened. I also appreciate the comment that they may have had a dressing down after the Millwall game.

Appears overzealous stewarding has moved to Stevenage.

Grimsby Town fans 'had to show bras' to Stevenage security.

Quote Originally Posted by elginCity View Post
    Appears overzealous stewarding has moved to Stevenage.

Grimsby Town fans 'had to show bras' to Stevenage security.
    Yep..It does seem a little OTT there.. A airport type scanner was used the last time I visited..

I wonder what the rule is for searching minors (under 16s)..Young children appear to be 'frisked' at Satanage..I have seen youngsters going into the away section at SJP frisked along with their parents,something I would have objected to if my son was checked in that way when he was a similar age.Thankfully the stewarding in those days was a lot more sensible.
    Last edited by Oldsmobile-88; 21 August 2017 at 14:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmobile-88 View Post
    Yep..It does seem a little OTT there.. A airport type scanner was used the last time I visited..

I wonder what the rule is for searching minors (under 16s)..Young children appear to be 'frisked' at Satanage..I have seen youngsters going into the away section at SJP frisked along with their parents,something I would have objected to if my son was checked in that way when he was a similar age.Thankfully the stewarding in those days was a lot more sensible.
    I resigned from being a steward last year, but we were toldyou just shouldn't search anyone under-16 for obvious reasons.

It's all a bit of a grey area though isn't it, and one of the reasons I gave up stewarding, some 15 year olds look 25, and of course even if they are young it really doesn't stop them from bringing stuff in on their person, and then the stewards get blamed. All this and crap pay, having to go in on Saturdays for courses (unpaid) and shall we say over-zealous bosses means it's a pretty crap thing to do nowadays. Hence why they have to bring in more private security, costs the club that, but it's the way of the World I guess.

Yet it means more people that are just security people and not football fans, so they're likely to be less forgiving of normalish footballing behaviour.

As with a lot of things these days, there seems to a distinct lack of common sense.

Response from Stevenage who don't seem to have understood the severity of what they did https://www.stevenagefc.com/news/201...ding-response/

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Response from Stevenage who don't seem to have understood the severity of what they did https://www.stevenagefc.com/news/201...ding-response/
    Love it. You can tell someone is a hole when they mangle language like this

'prohibited items were likely to try to be brought into the ground'