Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Overzealous Stewards

Re: Overzealous Stewards

I think some people buy tickets for the singing zone because they think it'll be fun to be amongst the singers, without realising that to be in that block means they have to be the ones singing.

I was also very near where things kicked off a little bit. Unfortunately some City supporters didn't like being told that they couldn't do exactly what they wanted to do. A siege mentality took over and there were quite a few gobbling off at Stewards before the police came over to keep an eye.

There was also one lad on the ground near the entrance to Block 133 being tended to by stewards. Not sure why. Possibly excess drink?

Quote Originally Posted by A Slacker View Post
    I was also very near where things kicked off a little bit. Unfortunately some City supporters didn't like being told that they couldn't do exactly what they wanted to do. A siege mentality took over and there were quite a few gobbling off at Stewards before the police came over to keep an eye.

There was also one lad on the ground near the entrance to Block 133 being tended to by stewards. Not sure why. Possibly excess drink?
    I agree some of our fans became over zealous like the stewards....i still just can't fathom what they actually did wrong, leading to get it completely out of hand.

I find following the old maxim of "don't be a ****" usually means that these situations don't arise.

This is Wembley not Barnet or Morecambe. You might not agree with what you're being told or asked to do but if you choose not to then you have to put up with the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by LOG View Post
    I find following the old maxim of "don't be a ****" usually means that these situations don't arise.

This is Wembley not Barnet or Morecambe. You might not agree with what you're being told or asked to do but if you choose not to then you have to put up with the consequences.
    Agreed! I just don't see how everyone was being a ****?

Quote Originally Posted by ECFC89 View Post
    I agree some of our fans became over zealous like the stewards....i still just can't fathom what they actually did wrong, leading to get it completely out of hand.
    What they did wrong was not do what the stewards were telling them to do.

It's pretty simple, don't stand in the walkway, and if you're asked to move back to your assigned seat, do it, instead of kicking off like you've been wrongly imprissoned for twenty years and acting like the world is against you.

The stewards had Millwall the week before. Many were criticised for not dealing with their fans. They can hardly be blamed for being over zealous in the circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by denzel View Post
    The stewards had Millwall the week before. Many were criticised for not dealing with their fans. They can hardly be blamed for being over zealous in the circumstances
    Absabloodyexactly denzel.

Seriously though, it's a really good point. I reckon some will have had a dressing down after that Millwall game and thus will have been a bit tetchy. Some brainless oik shouting and swearing in their faces though would get anyone's back up in reality.

Fair enough, everyone's entitled to their views, I just thought the people who were removed (near me anyway) were dealt with very unfairly. Nice, normal people, not the stone island/wannabe hooligans they apparently are...