• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Well done Exeter Chiefs

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: Well done Chiefs.

Surely it's destiny now that City win tomorrow, with virtually the last kick of extra time..

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster

Good to see someone starting this thread. I am not an egg chaser although was forced to play rugby in my school days but having watched the TV coverage that was one heck of a performance by the Chiefs and a fantastic advert for our City.

The parallels so far have been remarkable The Chiefs having won their semi final against Saracens in the last seconds just as we did against Carlisle.

Happy to continue the parallels as long as we come away with a victory although really hoping that our match does not need to go into extra time or perish the thought penalties and that we are able enjoy a less stressful time and do not leave it to the last minute to score the winner.

Exehausted

Taggy was obviously a guest of Tony Rowe as he was sat next but one to him. I'm sure Rowe has been invited tomorrow, but I would imagine he will come back to Exeter tonight for a wild party at Sandy Park.

PeteUSA

Taggy was obviously a guest of Tony Rowe as he was sat next but one to him. I'm sure Rowe has been invited tomorrow, but I would imagine he will come back to Exeter tonight for a wild party at Sandy Park.
Perhaps there'll be a Tony Rowe takeover? Would you say no?

Exehausted

Rowe is heading up a consortium that has applied for planning permission to build a big industrial estate on (from what I could gather) the farm land that runs down from what was Frank Tuckers yard, down to the A38. He's got more than enough on his plate, plus the dozens of other business' that he has fingers in. He would see us and treat us as a piddling little side show. No thanks.

LOG

Well done indeed. I don't follow rugby that closely but it's still a great achievement and a proud moment for our city.

A good omen that they were also the "away" team, i hope.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Am I the only one who couldn't give a flying **** about the Chiefs? Never have been a rugby fan, so why should I bother getting excited just because they're based in Exeter.

Some bint on the bus last night had a right go at me for not supporting the Chiefs when I was saying to my wife that I didn't really care. She said "You have to support them". No I don't, **** off.

Well done though :)

contrabombarde

Am I the only one who couldn't give a flying **** about the Chiefs? Never have been a rugby fan, so why should I bother getting excited just because they're based in Exeter.

Some bint on the bus last night had a right go at me for not supporting the Chiefs when I was saying to my wife that I didn't really care. She said "You have to support them". No I don't, **** off.

Well done though :)
That's said it all for me. Thanks for saving me from extra typing Moomin.

Avening Posse

Total indifference to me, did not even know they had a big game until I read about it on here, never been, fair play to them though

elginCity

A privilege to be there, a superb day. Congratulations to all at Chiefs, an example of supreme professionalism.