• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Best reception contact?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone know who would be best to contact about the drum and flags? I emailed reception but haven't had a response, I'm not surprised they're probably snowed under... Obviously need to sort soon as I'd imagine they need to go to Wembley and get back to us...

Richard Knight is our usual contact but he's on holiday sadly

Pete Martin (CTID)

Just wondering Max, might it be better for you to contact Wembley direct yourself and ask them?
After all they regularly let a whole friggin' orchestra into England games!

Pete Martin (CTID)

This from the Wembley website.....

PROHIBITED ITEMS

The following articles must not be brought within the Ground: knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety.

Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to the Ground.

Any article that might be used as a weapon, be deemed to be offensive or abusive, or compromise public safety, will be confiscated and or reported to the police.

Unlicensed musical instruments: trumpets, drums and other devices capable of causing a disturbance or nuisance.

Flag poles greater than 1m in length and flares. Bottles, glass vessels, cans, flasks.
Frisbees and similar items, dangerous or hazardous items, illegal substances, explosives or ammunition; fireworks, knives, blades or other weapons, firearms, scooters, skateboards or other skates. Laser devices, smoke canisters, signs or items with corporate or inappropriate branding, unauthorised fliers, spray paint, large industrial style “permanent“ marker pens, prams / push chairs(will be assessed for each event. Please check the relevant event page for further information), transmitting devices, professional cameras & recording devices (This applies to cameras that have interchangeable lenses), large suitcases, lap tops, illegal merchandise items, water bottles (need to have the ability to decant), illegal charity collection utensils, motor bike helmets, umbrellas, darts, hampers and cold boxes, air horns, alcohol and animals (except service dogs and guide dogs).

Not sure what they mean by "unlicensed"?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A couple of Exeter Wembley trips ago I spoke to the Press Office at Wembley about a display. I wonder if that might be a good place to start?

Pete Martin (CTID)

Further information. ....

Bands/Instruments - Wembley Stadium will allow bands and instruments into the ground but all requests must be sent in advance via club representatives to The FA before the day of the game in order to confirm this. Musical instruments need to be authorised via your clubs in consultation with The FA and Wembley stadium.

Colesman Ballz

There are set sizes for flags. Anything larger must get clearance IN ADVANCE and relevant fire safety certificates produced. Given that there will plenty of empty blocks at the Exeter End, possibly they might agree to large flags and the surfers being laid out on these empty seats. But you will need to contact them direct PRONTO, to have any chance of getting agreement in short time available. Personally I would suggest to argue how much it would improve the look of both the Stadium, and the Event, especially given the relatively low attendance likely to be expected. Best of luck.

Grecian Max

It says on the official website to contact reception on their email. Ideally that's the case as going through the club means they can vouch for us. Palace had large flags on poles twice last year and in the t&cs we have from the SLO from a while back (in the event of a Wembley match) it states that flags on poles larger than 2.5m need to be ok'd before the game so we should be all good as long as someone actually gets back to me in time ;) oh and we have fire certs.

Spoonz! I need you!

Last edited:

Grecian Max

Further information. ....

Bands/Instruments - Wembley Stadium will allow bands and instruments into the ground but all requests must be sent in advance via club representatives to The FA before the day of the game in order to confirm this. Musical instruments need to be authorised via your clubs in consultation with The FA and Wembley stadium.
No good if the club don't reply to me :(

Swanaldo

Have you PM'ed Spoonz on here?

Spoonz Red E

It says on the official website to contact reception on their email. Ideally that's the case as going through the club means they can vouch for us. Palace had large flags on poles twice last year and in the t&cs we have from the SLO from a while back (in the event of a Wembley match) it states that flags on poles larger than 2.5m need to be ok'd before the game so we should be all good as long as someone actually gets back to me in time ;) oh and we have fire certs.

Spoonz! I need you!
I'll chase it up when I get in shortly