• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matchday Superstitions

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Got to be in my lucky shirt but against Mansfield I wore some jeans and boots that I wouldn't normally have worn. As I've worn them to the games I've been to since then, and City haven't lost any of them, I now have to wear them on Sunday.

How about you ?

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
If buying a programme, always receive it with the left hand.

TOP_CITY_FAN

Never walk on 3 drains.

LOG

I'm not a great shirt wearer, as i'm about to prove, but i'm considering wearing my 2008 play off final shirt. It's the only City shirt i've ever owned and that match was the only time i've worn it so it has a 100% record. It is though a limited track record.

Legohead

Banned
Got to be in my lucky shirt but against Mansfield I wore some jeans and boots that I wouldn't normally have worn. As I've worn them to the games I've been to since then, and City haven't lost any of them, I now have to wear them on Sunday.

How about you ?
Have these jeans been washed then Billy? If so then maybe the magic has been washed away. If not then hope it's not a sweltering hot day for those sat in your vicinity on Sunday.

My superstition, although in no way influential of match outcome is to buy a match day programme. It's an obsession. Have to buy one soon as i get to the ground before I can relax. Bizarre but true.

When they eventually become fully digital then I'll have to give up and I'll have a massive void to fill. A match day programme has always been like something tangible of my attendance at a game, evidence if you like that I was there. Just got into a habit and can't get out of it now which is a shame because many match day programmes aren't even worth using as bog roll so little effort has gone into them.

Last edited:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
They're washed. I have a wife.

Oops

STURTZ

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
I have a habit of crossing my fingers throughout the 90 minutes whilst we are playing. Strange I know. :) [G]

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Not exactly a matchday superstition but whenever I periodically get round to updating my long-standing database of City results / line ups etc we seem to invariably lose the next game.

Suffice it to say, I will NOT be touching it until after Sunday!!!! However, I think it will be a pretty safe bet to bung your shirt on City losing the first game of next season (regardless of which league we're in :( )

PS: Notwithstanding this, I will refuse to abandon maintenance of this "vitally important" personal archive.

andrew p long

I don't go on Exeweb until the match is over. Whenever I do (the last time was the home league game against Carlisle) we always lose.