• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

wembley sunday 28th

cityregular

Unable to travel by any of the coaches that may be going --I am finding myself driving by car

Anyone with any SENSIBLE suggestions how to get to wembley without driving through London.
i.e park & tube?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unable to travel by any of the coaches that may be going --I am finding myself driving by car

Anyone with any SENSIBLE suggestions how to get to wembley without driving through London.
i.e park & tube?
Lot of people i know travel up to Richmond, Park the car there and do the rest of the journey by tube. Normally any parking restrictions don't apply on a Sunday, Just look for the signs by the side of the road to see which don't charge or resident parking. Went to Battersea the other week for the London Motor Show and parked about mile away in a side street, No problem

Bathgrecian

I quite like parking at Osterley Tube station just of the M4 which leaves you a bit of a tube journey but cuts out a lot of the driving- really cheap parking as well.

I was thinking about chucking my bike in the car driving to Hammersmith and cycling the rest of the way- riding up Wembley way!

andrew p long

what we've successfully done before (coming from the Midlands) is to drive to High Wycombe on the M40 and get the Chiltern Line train from there direct to the stadium. The station car park is
empty-ish on a Sunday and is big because lots of people commute from there Mon-Fri.

This year (coming from a South Devon holiday:$) it looks as if the Wycombe-Wembley Stadium trains are only hourly. So my current plan is to drive to Gerrards Cross,again a big station car park,on the Chiltern Line,but with two trains per hour taking 12 or 21 minutes respectively direct to Wembley Stadium.

Here's the relevant bits of the train timetable Gerrards Cross- Wembley Stadium for the day of the game:-

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/GER/Wembley/280517/1100/dep/280517/1700/dep

(actually I was hoping this would be designated a 'major match day' in which event far more trains stop at Wembley Stadium)

There's a car park fee as well as the train fare.

Last edited:

LDNGrecian

My dad did the Chiltern line for getting to Wembley for the EFL cup final. Worked a treat!

Northolt to Wembley .Only 2 stops apparently.

LOG

We parked at Ickenham station and got a direct underground from there. You could pre-book the parking.

Grecian68

We parked at Ickenham station and got a direct underground from there. You could pre-book the parking.
Tried that, they don't let you pre-book a parking spot anymore!

denzel

Bearing in mind there is also a game at Twickenham that day (no, not that game, but Cornwall v Lancashire) I would avoid South West London

Exehausted

Tried that, they don't let you pre-book a parking spot anymore!
I think there is plenty of street parking near there on a Sunday, the residents parking is only Monday to Friday. I personally park near Hillingdon station. The car park is cheap but can be difficult to get out of afterwards as you are close to a set of lights to your right and they take a while to change. With most supporters getting back there after the game on one of 3 or 4 trains it can be a bit of a problem. It is easy to get to from the M25. Personally I go past the station with it on my left and take the second left, plenty of free street parking there on a Sunday. On the same line as Ickenham which is about a mile further on. All trains on a Sunday go to Wembley as they are on the Met line. The Piccadilly line only stops at these two stations Mon to Fri.
If I remember correctly, one of our posters cars broke down in the Hillingdon car park and had to call out a break down service. Manc possibly being that man? One further tip, use the loo at Wembley Park station before exiting. My brother got caught short one year because the loos outside the Stadium were closed. By the time the gates opened he had tears running down his face, luckily not his leg, although it was close.

Last edited: