• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Play off Anxiety!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anybody else get ripped to pieces by this ****!!??!

elginCity

Strikes me that for many a day out to Wembley is enough. I don't sense that burning desire to leave L2, as there was to leave the Conference.

Antony Moxey

Anybody else get ripped to pieces by this ****!!??!
Nope, not in the least. If we win then superb, if we don't it's no biggie - we're still in the league, weget to have another go next season and life goes on.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Originally I thought that if we got to a league play off final while I would want us to win really badly I would be thinking if we play well and lose then you take it on the chin and move on. Now we are there , it feels like if we play well we have the ability to win so a fear of losing does grow. Having witnessed Morecambe, it's not a good feeling losing at Wembley. Won't be as bad as Morecambe I don't think but nethertheless the anxiety will be high next Sunday for me.

Had we gone out on Thursday after leading for so much of the tie it would have been hard to take, if we lose in the final it's not a disaster although that depends a little bit how the game pans out.

DB9

We lose we will still be a league team, Unlike when we lost to Morecambe and had to spend another year as non-league. Getting there for me is a dream, One i'd never have thought possible last November, Getting the team fully fit i thought "We are a pretty good team" (If you can forget our dreadful home form which still puzzles me) and seeing the Carlisle game we looked frigging good and have a real chance but i will go and hope to god we win, Nerves yes but the be all and end all, Nope

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I want to watch League 1 football next season!

Alistair20000

I want to watch League 1 football next season!
Me too but as regards anxiety state I feel the same about this as Brother Moxey as per post 3 above.

Exehausted

It would be nice to go up but as Ant says, not the end of the world if we don't. We are less likely to do as well in League One for obvious reasons, but the biggest advantage I can see if we do go up, is that we are then certain to be in the League for at least two more seasons. That may sound defeatist to many, but every August I am nervous that we might go through the trap door again. The start of this season was our worst for a long time and the angst caused by that doesn't seem that long ago for me. So please, lets win, if only to save us from August angst!

LOG

Never mind the play offs, the whole season has been bloody hard work. The miserable start waiting for that illusive home win and bottom of the table in November with exit out of L2 downwards looking like the most likely outcome. Then the highs of our ridiculous unbeaten run, all brought to a grinding halt with defeat at Argyle then a period of patchy form when we had no idea what to expect.

Then, to top it all off, two nerve jangling games against Carlisle when we twice gave up two goal leads and a 95th minute wonder strike to get us to the final. 48 games and it now all comes down to one more.

I don’t know about the players but I definitely need a summer break.

Last edited:

Banksy

No , enjoy the moment. We've done well against all the odds this season and will finish with our heads held high , good enough for me.
On our day we can beat anyone , Wembley may be our day , League 1 will be a lovely bonus for me but enjoy the ride.