Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season friendlies

Enjoy the good times, they don't last forever.

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Quote Originally Posted by andrew p long View Post
    do the redevelopment works hinder our ability to play pre-season games at SJP?
    Shouldn't do as the o.g changing rooms should be able to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by richard_portland View Post
    Shouldn't do as the o.g changing rooms should be able to be used.
    Probably not. I'd assume the club won't have put in for the usual safety certification on the stand as it's about to come down. Also I think, as far as health & safety rules are concerned it's now a construction site.
    Last edited by Spoonz Red E; 10 June 2017 at 20:39.

Enjoy the good times, they don't last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonz Red E View Post
    Probably not. I'd assume the club won't have put in for the usual safety certification on the stand as it's about to come down. Also I think, as far as health & safety rules are concerned it's now a construction site.
    If that's the case would hope we can arrange a couple of league sides away from home, or at least behind closed doors at the cat and fiddle or at a local neutral venue. Didn't we play crystal palace at Tiverton for some reason a few years ago?

Don't think it's ideal if we just play a number of non league outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by richard_portland View Post
    If that's the case would hope we can arrange a couple of league sides away from home, or at least behind closed doors at the cat and fiddle or at a local neutral venue. Didn't we play crystal palace at Tiverton for some reason a few years ago?

Don't think it's ideal if we just play a number of non league outfits.
    Agree totally no real test plus possibility of agricultural tackles coming in leaving us with some walking wounded as has happened too many times in recent pre seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexton Blake View Post
    Agree totally no real test plus possibility of agricultural tackles coming in leaving us with some walking wounded as has happened too many times in recent pre seasons.
    Wasn't it Cardiff who left us black and blue last season - admittedly mainly their U21s?
    Last edited by Boyo; 12 June 2017 at 10:36.

Quote Originally Posted by denzel View Post
    Yep. At least two as I entered the competition to win hospitality at one of our pre season home games
    Hope that you didn't pay good money to enter, as if the changing rooms aren't ready in time . . . . . . . . . unless they revert to the system used when City first moved into SJP, when I believe the players used to change in a local pub. (Noble would have loved that !).
    Last edited by Colesman Ballz; 12 June 2017 at 22:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Colesman Ballz View Post
    Hope that you didn't pay good money to enter, as if the changing rooms aren't ready in time . . . . . . . . . unless they revert to the system used when City first moved into SJP, when I believe the players used to change in a local pub. (Noble would have loved that !).
    On the fixtures thread, someone states that we will be able to use the changing rooms until November, so this doesn't appear a problem.
    Though I thought we would have announced at least one home game by now

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    Doesn't look like we are planning to push ourselves too much. Would be good to have a couple of games against better opposition...
    Still waiting....

The Bath City game is now a cup match! We'll be contesting the Brian Lomax Supporters Direct Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    The Bath City game is now a cup match! We'll be contesting the Brian Lomax Supporters Direct Cup.
    Ooooh, silverware to win.