• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City A.F.C. v Morecambe A.F.C. Official Match Day Thread.

Rog H K

Well...!!? 1 point in credit. 3 games to go.Twists and turns maybe? ECFC what are you going to do to us in the next couple of weeks? Really wouldn't surprise me in the slightest for us to lose today and win an Doncaster next Saturday !!!.*
3 points today please, please! Don't let us suffer, please!!!.
UTC.:)

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: Exeter City A.F.C. v Morecambe A.F.C. Oficial Match Day Thread.

Is this a mathematical must win ?...no. Do I think we will make the play offs if we lose ?...no.....a must win for me then ��

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

We need to approach this game as a must win, rather than we mustn't lose. Winning mentality please City!

Jason's match preview http://www.exeweb.com/2017/04/20/next-up-exeter-city-vs-morecambe-2/

IndoMike

Hants : can you correct the spelling of "official" in the thread title ? I hear it's making Tis twitchy and tinkerery.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Hants : can you correct the spelling of "official" in the thread title ? I hear it's making Tis twitchy and tinkerery.
Thanks, Hants.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm happy Jim Bentley hasn't ( yet ) been in the papers saying how much he admires Tisdale and the way City play. Seems to be the kiss of death as the managers who spout that carp play a ten man defence, kick seven bales out of us and bugger off back up the motorway with three points.

Come in City, resounding win please in front of a large crowd bathed in sunshine.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The kids are in charge today. If they choose the team the we should be okay!

David Treharne

A rather grey start to the day. Overcast 100% light grey cloud. Wind (which is slightly chilly) blowing from the North, currently at force 2-3. It's currently 12c, but I'd expect it to rise slightly during the course of th morning. We've had no rain for 9 days, so the sprinklers will be in use, as the ground is very dry. The pattern over the last few days has been for the sun to burn off the cloud in the early afternoon, but don't hold your breathe on this happening today. The most we can hope for is for an attacking set up of the team, and I'd be quite happy to see Ryan Harley dropped to the bench for a more attacking midfield and with Stacey and Holmes both starting. Holmes would offer an alternative to the managers apparent fixation with only attacking down the right flank, but hey, what do I know? We could equally well have five at the back, one in midfield and four up front, such is the lack of consistency in team selection. Update at 13:00/

StroudGrecian

Is this a mathematical must win ?...no. Do I think we will make the play offs if we lose ?...no.....a must win for me then ��
This.

But like us, Morecambe have been better away from home this season, and have been a thorn in our side on previous occasions. This will be tough. Come on City.

Alistair20000

The all lower case thread title winning formula abandoned :( I hope we are not fooked.

I think Mr Posse is right, we need to win this one and I think we will but only narrowly.

UTC