Page 51 of 195 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 1949

Thread: General Election - 8thJune

  1. #501

    Re: General Election - 8thJune

    Quote Originally Posted by tavyred View Post
    Campaigning suspended for the second time in the run up to this GE. Important that we all exercise our right to vote on Thursday, the terrorists that targeted women and cut their throats in London yesterday must not win.
    Agree with ensuring we vote and that the lunatics involved in yesterday's tragedy must never win. Disagree that women were targeted, it was totally random.

    I'm actually glad campaigning is stopped and that it's nearly all over I'm bored as **** with Theresa not answering any questions and knowing that things will be worse than before and even more sick of idiots on social media telling me to vote Labour.
    Last edited by angelic upstart; 04 June 2017 at 12:56.

  2. #502
    StroudGrecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Feel my coco beats...
    Posts
    11,467

    Re: General Election - 8thJune

    Quote Originally Posted by angelic upstart View Post
    I'm actually glad campaigning is stopped and that it's nearly all over I'm bored as **** with Theresa not answering any questions and knowing that things will be worse than before and even more sick of idiots on social media telling me to vote Labour.
    I wouldn't do anything as crass as that Upstart but if you live in Moor View I would say, now young Josh has pulled out of the race, that your vote is particularly important if you wish to unseat the current Johnny.

  3. #503
    Snakebite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Japan but normally Bedfordshire
    Posts
    5,812

    Re: General Election - 8thJune

    Quote Originally Posted by angelic upstart View Post
    Agree with ensuring we vote and that the lunatics involved in yesterday's tragedy must never win. Disagree that women were targeted, it was totally random.

    I'm actually glad campaigning is stopped and that it's nearly all over I'm bored as **** with Theresa not answering any questions and knowing that things will be worse than before and even more sick of idiots on social media telling me to vote Labour.
    I quite agree AU, the second paragraph particularly. If there's one thing worse than having an election, it's having the shouty part of the left wing banging on and on and on about it.

  4. #504
    exeweb.com mod Jason H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hounslow, Middlesex
    Posts
    30,140

    Re: General Election - 8thJune

    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    If there's one thing worse than having an election, it's having the shouty part of the left wing banging on and on and on about it.
    Very much this. One of my closest mates has polluted Facebook with his inane political drivel - he is someone too who believes everything he reads on the Internet (as long as it conforms to his narrow world view).

  5. #505
    fred binneys head's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hiding somewhere
    Posts
    9,480

    Re: General Election - 8thJune

    There's plenty of shouty right wingers with narrow world views too from what I've seen, particularly after the recent terrorist attacks.

  6. #506
    exeweb.com mod Jason H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hounslow, Middlesex
    Posts
    30,140

    Re: General Election - 8thJune

    Quote Originally Posted by fred binneys head View Post
    There's plenty of shouty right wingers with narrow world views too from what I've seen, particularly after the recent terrorist attacks.
    I'm sure there are, but I can't say I've seen much of this. Perhaps because most of my friends on FB are either lefties or don't really comment on politics.

  7. #507
    exeweb.com mod Spanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,650

    Re: General Election - 8thJune

    But the bigots, rightly, get shouted down. The one similarity between both sides is that neither listens to anything anyone else says, they are both programmed to hear affirmation of their own arguments only.

  8. #508
    exeweb.com mod Spanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,650

    Re: General Election - 8thJune

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    I'm sure there are, but I can't say I've seen much of this. Perhaps because most of my friends on FB are either lefties or don't really comment on politics.
    In fairness Jason, I've had major culls of my Facebook "friends" (I use this loosely) after terror attacks and the referendum due to sharing of right wing shiite.

    I do wonder if some of the people that do this are aware of where it's come from.

    Had quite an interesting conversation last night with Lez and Hants, where Hants and I sat in each other's political chair for a frightening moment. We've both recovered now though.

  9. #509
    Alistair20000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Trying to get into Stroudy's mind
    Posts
    20,403

    Re: General Election - 8thJune

    Even The Observer was unwilling to endorse Corbyn as a suitable PM yesterday and Teaser looks about third rate at best.

    Similar to Trump/Clinton for choice to my jaundiced eye.

    What a dreadful pair to choose between. Feckin' dire.
    Last edited by Alistair20000; 06 June 2017 at 00:39.

  10. #510

    Re: General Election - 8thJune

    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    What a dreadful pair to choose between. Feckin' dire.
    That's as maybe, but this time for the first time in a very long while we have a real choice between two polar opposites.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •