• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

General Election - 8thJune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Let the debate commence.....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Let's divide the nation even further! Her Easter message showed how much out of touch she is.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is purely driven by tory party self interest and power grabbing. I would normally think great lets get them out of power but unfortunately no one will

So, time for Labour MPs to concentrate on saving their seat however they can in order to be in position to be a potential new leader after the inevitable annihilation. Although based on recent elections here and elsewhere, who the hell knows what may happen?

Also effectively Brexit vote Number 2. There will be some highly odd results all over the place this time I suspect.

iscalad

Tory landslide here we come.

Tory landslide here we come.
My immediate thought too - but it's not without risk for May; majority is hardly rock solid and it wouldn't take too many Con/Lib Dem marginals to sway back to the Lib Dems - particularly those with a Brexit protest contingent - to make it squeaky bum time for them, particularly if the pro-Brexit Labour seats go UKIP. It's not the same as Brown's missed open goal back in 2007 or so.

Anyway get the popcorn out, time for 100 pages or so on this thread...

iscalad

My immediate thought too - but it's not without risk for May; majority is hardly rock solid and it wouldn't take too many Con/Lib Dem marginals to sway back to the Lib Dems - particularly those with a Brexit protest contingent - to make it squeaky bum time for them, particularly if the pro-Brexit Labour seats go UKIP. It's not the same as Brown's missed open goal back in 2007 or so.

Anyway get the popcorn out, time for 100 pages or so on this thread...
Hmm, the Cornish may very well vote differently now they have realised how much EU money they are losing. :) A few Lib Dems could get back in.

Alistair20000

I think the two keys to this are:

1) How many seats will Labour lose to the Tories ? Is the Copeland by election a good guide ?

2) How far will the Lib Dems recover to take back some of the swathe of seats that they lost to the Tories in 2015, particularly in the South West ?

UKIP have imploded and I do not see them as a risk to the Tories, nor do I feel they will make much headway in the Labour northern heartlands.

This is far from a penalty kick for Teaser IMO.

Any chance of Blair or Miliband D being parachuted into Middlesbrough South? :)

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Blair is pure poison to the Labour party.

I think the only thing that is certain with this election is that Corbyn cannot win and is likely to be gone as leader soon after 8 June.

Status
Not open for further replies.