• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

General Election - 8thJune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
You need goal-line technology, ref.
I don’t think so lad. He done you a good ’un there.

Alistair20000

I don’t normally quote from The Sun but Fallon His Sword was quite amusing.

Who will be the next ?

IndoMike

I don’t think so lad. He done you a good ’un there.
Not really. Just two different opinions with neither yet proven to be true. I still maintain that if the financial sector is hit badly then I will not jump up and down with joy if many lose their jobs.

IndoMike

Who will be the next ?
Further to that, he did say his behavior had "fallon short".

Last edited:

IndoMike

MPs have passed a motion ordering Theresa May to release 58 secret studies into the economic damage from Brexit, triggering a huge political row.
Apparently May doesn't want to reveal the results of these studies : surely that stance will only encourage those evil fearmongers who say Brexit will have a seriously negative impact on UK economy.

Last edited:

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do work in the financial sector but I'm not worried one bit. All the current veiled threats are simply bunkum.

The biggest threat I've faced is globalisation and offshoring. I've already seen my job go East twice and West once, long before Brexit was even a word.
You may not be worried, but every major international player is preparing plans to move business abroad in the event of a no deal. It won't happen overnight (because it's a complicated process), but as soon as that no deal looks more likely than less, things will start moving.

elginCity

Deal or no deal, can’t imagine the lucrative Euro clearing business staying in London.

Mr Jinx

You may not be worried, but every major international player is preparing plans to move business abroad in the event of a no deal. It won't happen overnight (because it's a complicated process), but as soon as that no deal looks more likely than less, things will start moving.
I've heard it on good word that the UK Finance world is much more concerned now about Corbyn & McDonnell getting their hands on the tiller at short notice than any potential Brexit no deal. Brexit is the perfect smokescreen of course but it'd be foolish not to be considering contingency plans at this juncture.

Besides, you hear it all the time. HSBC have been making waves about leaving the UK for nearly 10 years now, but here they still are despite all the guff.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster

Who will be the next ?
Mine is on the list. No big surprise there, he has a nineteenth century attitude towards women.

I'm not sure we're going to have much of a parliament left soon.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've heard it on good word that the UK Finance world is much more concerned now about Corbyn & McDonnell getting their hands on the tiller at short notice than any potential Brexit no deal. Brexit is the perfect smokescreen of course but it'd be foolish not to be considering contingency plans at this juncture.

Besides, you hear it all the time. HSBC have been making waves about leaving the UK for nearly 10 years now, but here they still are despite all the guff.
That's not what I've heard, but then we're probably both dealing with confirmation bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.