Page 11 of 195 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: General Election - 8thJune

Re: General Election - 8thJune

Another one in a safe seat here (Walthamstow), where Stella Creasy (Labour) got 69% of the vote in 2015 and a 23 000 majority. Momentum are fairly big around here and she isn't Corbyn's biggest fan but she should still win easily.

Not sure what kind of majority May is aiming for but I think 100+ is optimistic. I think it will be closer to 50/60.

Another safe seat so irrelevant vote person here, not sure I told them I am abroad so will not bother this time around, not that it makes any difference in Cotswold ward anyway

You can still register from overseas AP, whether the paperwork is done in time is a different question...

With Carswell standing down I think we can chalk up a Tory gain in Clacton.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    Is he not standing for UKIP or not standing for the Tories?

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Is he not standing for UKIP or not standing for the Tories?
    He is not standing at all Hants.

Rubber Face has told us that he would walk the Clacton seat for UKIP if he stood but prefers to stay in the European Parliament where he can exercise more influence. Given his desperation to win a Westminster seat I laughed reasonably hard when I saw his comments.

You have to take your hat off to Carswell. It was he that you could perhaps congratulate squarely for Brexit. It was he that had the guts to walk the floor to UKIP. It was he that then went and won that by election that then prompted Wreckless to do the same. That then put the willies up Cameron who then thought it prudent to promise a Referendum to take the wind out of of UKIP's sails, which it did. That then helped to give the Tories their unexpected majority giving us a Referendum. It was Carswell who then became a media darling in the Brexit camp and who provided a relatively sane voice for Leaving. And once he'd done all that he says Thank you very much, my work is done...see ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Leads View Post
    Another one in a safe seat here (Walthamstow).
    That's quite near me. Whereabouts in Walthamstow are you? We spent the afternoon in Lloyd Park on the really hot Saturday afternoon a couple of weeks back. Got as hammered as I did sunburnt. They bloody love Stella round there.
    Last edited by Mr Jinx; 21 April 2017 at 09:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jinx View Post
    You have to take your hat off to Carswell. It was he that you could perhaps congratulate squarely for Brexit. It was he that had the guts to walk the floor to UKIP. It was he that then went and won that by election that then prompted Wreckless to do the same. That then put the willies up Cameron who then thought it prudent to promise a Referendum to take the wind out of of UKIP's sails, which it did. That then helped to give the Tories their unexpected Majority giving us a Referendum. It was Carless who then became a media darling in the Brexit camp and who provided a relatively sane voice for Leaving. And once he'd done all that he says Thank you very much, my work is done...see ya!
    Agree with all of that and would just add "and I am back to supporting the Tories"

He is not standing at all Hants.

Rubber Face has told us that he would walk the Clacton seat for UKIP if he stood but prefers to stay in the European Parliament where he can exercise more influence. Given his desperation to win a Westminster seat I laughed reasonably hard when I saw his comments.
    I understood he wasn't standing at all. I was having a little joke at his expense in relation to which party he currently belonged to.

As to Rubber Face, he's on to a very good pension from the EU if he stays until the end of his term.

Was reading an FT article the other day which suggested one of the reasons Carswell and Farage didn't get on is that he refused the claim the full amount of "opposition fees" that he was entitled to as an opposition MP. (That's not the actual name but I forget it now - and have to say I had never heard of it before).

The fees you can claim from the EU as an MEP are astronomical, I remember seeing once a tally of the total fees that Farage racked up and it was an insanely high figure.

Still, man of the people, innit.