Page 917 of 917 FirstFirst ... 417817867907915916917
Results 9,161 to 9,163 of 9163

Thread: General Election - 8thJune

Re: General Election - 8thJune

Quote Originally Posted by elginCity View Post
    Ah, but like Panasonic they're registering Euro HQ in Holland and paying Corp tax over there. The Japs are worried the UK is going to become a Brexit tax haven, which they don't agree with, as they have standards to uphold.
    Haw haw haw. I never bought that explanation and Japanese companies have been up for “tax mitigation” along with all the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    Centre of Dysonís business is now Asia, not the tired clapped out Europe of the EU.
    Reminds me of what George Dablya said about Europe : that it was old (implying "past it"). Clearly he was being ageist (which I am not, except regarding 97 year olds driving around on public roads).
    But you do worry that Europe has reached its peak and is starting to decline. Having a generally very good standard of living we now have an elderly population with all the demands on the budget which that entails. In the 60s I would say the UK was dynamic, but not any more. Asia in particular is extremely dynamic now, youthful, and with a growing middle class. When Africa finally rids itself of dictators it will follow suit...In my opinion it is becoming increasingly difficult for Europe to compete.

So the pro- Brexit billionaire businessmen are starting to move out of the UK, but of course they say it's nothing to do with Brexit. Of course : it must be coincidence.
    To say this is the height of hypocrisy is a huge understatement. Not surprised. More will follow.