Page 264 of 574 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 5732

Thread: General Election - 8thJune

Re: General Election - 8thJune

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    He wasn't, but keep believing the tin-foil hat brigade on that one.
    How do you know he wasn't? He's clearly not a student.
    Last edited by Hants_red; 09 February 2018 at 08:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    How do you know he wasn't? He's clearly not a student.
    He was the father of the student I believe.

Personally I'm not convinced any genuine punches were thrown, but the video evidence indicates that it was the man in the white shirt who caused the confrontation to become physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    The Tories made a very big deal of this matter at UWE, sending an email to all their people about how nasty these Labour supporters were. All their cronies took to social media and repeated the same message word for word. It's interesting that therefore the events are different and proved to be different. No apology from the Moggy either, but that's to be expected.
    Haha, you're so one eyed Hants. It's not like the shouty left ever took to flooding social media with their anti-Conservative propoganda. Sheesh, five mintes on Facebook in the weeks leading up to any election will tell you all you need to know about 'cronies taking to social media'.

We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels

Ah Anton.

But in the kingdom of the right-wing blind the one-eyed Hants is king!!!

Don't worry, Hants. These are the poor little Tories who get so terribly bullied.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Don't worry, Hants. These are the poor little Tories who get so terribly bullied.
    There was a local by-election last night to replace someone who had resigned as a councillor due to a campaign of abuse and intimidation (including being spat on).

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    There was a local by-election last night to replace someone who had resigned as a councillor due to a campaign of abuse and intimidation (including being spat on).
    Which is unacceptable and very uncivilised. But you can't make sweeping generalisations, Jason. You yourself say it happens left-right and right-left. It's similar to football in some ways : at the extremes tribal and uncouth. My comment above was supposed to be ironic : Hants was being a little bit bullied (although I'm sure he can look after himself).

For my penneth worth and reading the recent threads it seems that on the left we have a rabble that are odious and totally undemocratic and their bullying at meetings and on social media is disgusting and on the right we have the same bullying and abuse but theirs is in a more sophisticated way, The use of the mainstream media, ie Daily newspapers and to Jason its not just a few comments but wholesale abuse on people who are either to the left or remainers and is just as disgusting. The Tories do not have a monopoly on being trolled or abused it happens to those on the left too and in just the same amounts, Diane Abbot is probably the most known for being abused like this, For me she, like our PM are terrible politicians and should never be in office or hold office but i would never stoop so low as some have towards these people and others.

Also to me the Tories are vile as a party, IMO (And this is just mine) they are totally in it for themselves and their cronies, Do not have the nation at heart at all and are full of people brought up on their god given right to be in power as is being shown in this bloody awful brexit strategy, Not saying we should remain as the country have voted for it and that is final but the way the Tories are behaving is nothing short of disgraceful, Boris, Gove and Mogg are slimey in their political shenanigans and i hope they all fall on their political swords. Every time i see May at the dispatch box i shout at her that its not who are in front of you that are the "Enemy" it are those behind you you have to look out for because they will stab you in the back at a blink of an eye!

As for Labour, All i see is the party of envy, Envious of anyone who makes it in life through hard work, Their answer is to tax them to destruction, What a stupid, naive way of thinking, I wish they would concentrate on looking after the genuine people in need, The hospitals, Schools, Roads, Infrastructure then perhaps they would be worth voting for. You are suppose to be the alternative to the Tories but you are in-fighting just as bad as them, Have no coherent policy on Brexit and just basically moan about what the Tories are doing without coming up with decent answers and for the British voter, this is all we have to vote for.....God help us!!!

Was Lady Nugee (AKA Emily Thornberry) trying to dumb down her way of speaking on Question Time the other night ?

Quote Originally Posted by DB9 View Post
    For my penneth worth and reading the recent threads it seems that on the left we have a rabble that are odious and totally undemocratic and their bullying at meetings and on social media is disgusting and on the right we have the same bullying and abuse but theirs is in a more sophisticated way, The use of the mainstream media, ie Daily newspapers and to Jason its not just a few comments but wholesale abuse on people who are either to the left or remainers and is just as disgusting. The Tories do not have a monopoly on being trolled or abused it happens to those on the left too and in just the same amounts, Diane Abbot is probably the most known for being abused like this, For me she, like our PM are terrible politicians and should never be in office or hold office but i would never stoop so low as some have towards these people and others.

Also to me the Tories are vile as a party, IMO (And this is just mine) they are totally in it for themselves and their cronies, Do not have the nation at heart at all and are full of people brought up on their god given right to be in power as is being shown in this bloody awful brexit strategy, Not saying we should remain as the country have voted for it and that is final but the way the Tories are behaving is nothing short of disgraceful, Boris, Gove and Mogg are slimey in their political shenanigans and i hope they all fall on their political swords. Every time i see May at the dispatch box i shout at her that its not who are in front of you that are the "Enemy" it are those behind you you have to look out for because they will stab you in the back at a blink of an eye!

As for Labour, All i see is the party of envy, Envious of anyone who makes it in life through hard work, Their answer is to tax them to destruction, What a stupid, naive way of thinking, I wish they would concentrate on looking after the genuine people in need, The hospitals, Schools, Roads, Infrastructure then perhaps they would be worth voting for. You are suppose to be the alternative to the Tories but you are in-fighting just as bad as them, Have no coherent policy on Brexit and just basically moan about what the Tories are doing without coming up with decent answers and for the British voter, this is all we have to vote for.....God help us!!!
    Well, that was a very heartfelt speech and you're not too wrong. This is why many people are totally turned off by politics, which ironically leaves the career politicians in charge. I believe the cliche that most politicians start off with good intent but then get swallowed up by the system and party politics, after which climbing up the ladder begins to set in. Those who can, do : those who can't, enter politics