Page 260 of 266 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 2660

Thread: General Election - 8thJune

Re: General Election - 8thJune

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    And whatever is said/done/whatever, this is clearly deflection from the point I made about how political abuse/intimidation is *largely* a characteristic of the left.

As I say, look into one isolated example of what happened to the Conservative candidate for Ealing Central and Acton in the election. If what she suffered is considered acceptable, it's no wonder capable people are looking at politics and thinking "Sod that for a game of soldiers".
    Jason, I can normally respect your opinions even if I disagree with them, but the idea that abuse is mainly done by the left is just plain nonsense and shows your extremely blinkered view on the subject.

Named as Paul Townsley, didn't start a petition for the removal of Theresa May as leader of the Conservatives?

Not a great photo but here he is throwing the punch.

I see Paul Golding of Britain First is threatening violence towards anyone who protests against Rees-Mogg.
    Last edited by Hants_red; 08 February 2018 at 09:51.

This might be a better picture

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    Jason, I can normally respect your opinions even if I disagree with them, but the idea that abuse is mainly done by the left is just plain nonsense and shows your extremely blinkered view on the subject.
    I'm sorry, but it is not. I used one isolated example, there were many, many others during the election campaign of Conservative candidates being subjected to violent intimidation and abuse.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...dates-received

Hants - fair enough, assuming that took place before (and of course wasn't photoshopped or similar).

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Named as Paul Townsley, didn't start a petition for the removal of Theresa May as leader of the Conservatives?

Not a great photo but here he is throwing the punch.

I see Paul Golding of Britain First is threatening violence towards anyone who protests against Rees-Mogg.
    All that shows is someone throwing a punch, how on earth can a single photograph ever be verification of a first occurrence?

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    All that shows is someone throwing a punch, how on earth can a single photograph ever be verification of a first occurrence?
    You need to look at in context of the video. It was the first punch.

I remember John Prescott throwing a punch once but the Reverend Blair did not take any firm action over the incident.

I'm sorry, but it is not. I used one isolated example, there were many, many others during the election campaign of Conservative candidates being subjected to violent intimidation and abuse.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...dates-received

Hants - fair enough, assuming that took place before (and of course wasn't photoshopped or similar).
    Yes, we've all read the headlines. But if you actually read the full report you'll find that, as always, the headline doesn't tell the full story. Once you factor in the different numbers of responses from either main party, the increased participation in social media of Labour supporters and the fact that the Conservatives are the party in government, the picture is not so clear.

And while we're using isolated examples, it wasn't a left-wing terrorist that killed an MP 2 years ago.

And whatever is said/done/whatever, this is clearly deflection from the point I made about how political abuse/intimidation is *largely* a characteristic of the left.

As I say, look into one isolated example of what happened to the Conservative candidate for Ealing Central and Acton in the election. If what she suffered is considered acceptable, it's no wonder capable people are looking at politics and thinking "Sod that for a game of soldiers".
    Jason,

You deflected the debate by suddenly introducing the topic of physical aggression at political meetings and falsely claiming that only the left cause such trouble, which you cannot prove at all. As I said recently, there is a small minority of yobbos on both sides. Even Michael Heseltine once behaved like a yobbo in parliament.
    To be honest, manipulation of the truth and denying facts. Worryingly elitist, right wing behavior seems to have crossed the Atlantic and penetrated some of the Conservative party.

I suggest we all agree that there are thugs and nutters right across the political spectrum.

Nothing to see here. Move along please.