Page 191 of 195 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 1949

Thread: General Election - 8thJune

Re: General Election - 8thJune

Quote Originally Posted by RaeUK View Post
    Quite so and vice versa.
    Hence the impasse we currently find ourselves at.

At the risk of being shot down, I think May isn't bad, it's having a mixture of a) untrustworthy conniving wannabee's who will stab her in the back at the first opportunity and b) generally unknown to the person in the street people making up her cabinet. Poorest group since I can remember. At least she has the courage to try and lead unlike some of the conniving others who seem to think running a country is just a big game

Agreed A P !

Quote Originally Posted by edindevon View Post
    But Brexit will still happen in March 2019, regardless of who is in power and whether we get a deal or not. Then Corbyn, should he get elected, can get down to the important business of nationalising everything up to and including Marks and Spencer while sending the liberal elite to re-education camps, or something

On a wider point, I can't help wondering if the ridiculous posturing and hardline position adopted by the EU's chief 'negotiator' Michel Barnier - who manages to achieve the almost impossible feat of making David Davis look reasonable - is actually making some remainers sway towards Brexit instead. That seemed to be the point Jeremy Hunt was making when he said he was now in favour of leaving the EU.
    Shame too late to nationalise BHS. Yet another example of a lowlife spiv dressed in Saville Row's finest suits ripping off thousands of employee. My the ruling class do get away with murder, don't they? Of course, it's not what you know but who you know.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Shame too late to nationalise BHS. Yet another example of a lowlife spiv dressed in Saville Row's finest suits ripping off thousands of employee. My the ruling class do get away with murder, don't they? Of course, it's not what you know but who you know.
    BHS was utter rubbish, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. In my experience it was the place you went to if you wanted to pay M&S prices for Primark quality.

My the ruling class do get away with murder, don't they?
    Yes, think that every time I see Blair or May at the Cenotaph commemorating the human cost of war.

Quote Originally Posted by elginCity View Post
    Yes, think that every time I see Blair or May at the Cenotaph commemorating the human cost of war.
    If only Ed Miliband had won...

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    BHS was utter rubbish, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. In my experience it was the place you went to if you wanted to pay M&S prices for Primark quality.
    Not really relevant to my semi-rant though, Jason.

Not really relevant to my semi-rant though, Jason.
    No, but the lowlife spiv may have kept said employees in jobs long after the company had ceased to be viable.

Talk this morning of a letter of No Confidence in May by Tory MPs is being prepared. They're just trying to get it over the line of 48 which should be a bit more achievable with BoGo's maneuverings and Patel & Fallon's departures.

Nearly time to reach for the popcorn folks!