Page 159 of 167 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1664

Thread: General Election - 8thJune

Re: General Election - 8thJune

Think (and hope) she sticks it out until the Brexit saga is over, we will truly be a laughing stock if we change now

Quote Originally Posted by Avening Posse View Post
    Think (and hope) she sticks it out until the Brexit saga is over, we will truly be a laughing stock if we change now
    I honestly would worry a bit about her health, AP. I think her enemies should put up or shut up, and that's what she should say to them in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Don't think she'll survive the weekend.
    Come on, her cough wasn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    I honestly would worry a bit about her health, AP. I think her enemies should put up or shut up, and that's what she should say to them in public.
    I suppose it is difficult to tell if it's stress related or simply a bad cold, but her enemies in my mind are toady back stabbing w-----rs and hopefully when she is replaced it will be with someone fresh as opposed to any of them. Cannot stand Boris, probably thinks his ex-toffee nosed school chums thinks he is a loser if he doesn't get the top job, total disaster in my mind if that guy ends up in the chair. Should have been in the wilderness a long time ago, gives not a jot about people not like him, thinks the UK ends in the home counties, who can forget the Liverppol saga....

Quote Originally Posted by Terryhall View Post
    Come on, her cough wasn't that bad.
    Not just the cough, Terry. Her hesitancy when speaking, her robotic repetition of set phrases, her general body language, the slightly trembling voice. I know you'll think I'm exaggerating - it's not impossible that I am - but I just get the feeling that the stream of faux pas, criticism, back-stabbing, humiliations et al are taking a toll, as they would for anyone but a strong character.
    Last edited by IndoMike; 06 October 2017 at 10:58.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    her robotic repetition of set phrases
    To be fair, she is pretty consistent on that front.

(I was making a joke about her "not surviving the weekend", and having a cough, e.g. a very literal interpretation of "survive")

(I'll get my coat.)

Quote Originally Posted by Terryhall View Post
    (I was making a joke about her "not surviving the weekend", and having a cough, e.g. a very literal interpretation of "survive")

(I'll get my coat.)
    Yes, I think I got that, but my comment still stands (but not regarding surviving the weekend : expect to see her singing "I'm still standing" Monday morning.)

It continues to amuse me that the party that is always seemingly touted as the 'safe pair of hands' is staring at their third leader in two years while desperately trying to salvage something from the disastrous Brexit - a muddle entirely of their own making and which will inevitably either end in total chaos or with a humiliating climbdown and admittance that any real change to our EU status is nigh on impossible without destroying the country's prosperity.

So - may those that sowed the seeds of all this be left to pick up the pieces - the patronising, we know best, over-promoted idiots like the pompous buffoon Johnson, the vile Leadsom, the creepy Gove, Shapps et al - I wouldn't trust any of them to run a church fete, but hey, give them all the top jobs and laugh when it goes belly up.

So what if people think Corbyn, McDonnell etc are unelectable - they don't need to be; there are plenty of other more capable hands who will step in in the next few years.

The Tories tearing themselves apart over Europe and in utter chaos - it's nostalgic - let's party like it's 1995!

Quote Originally Posted by Grecian's The Word View Post
    It continues to amuse me that the party that is always seemingly touted as the 'safe pair of hands' is staring at their third leader in two years while desperately trying to salvage something from the disastrous Brexit - a muddle entirely of their own making and which will inevitably either end in total chaos or with a humiliating climbdown and admittance that any real change to our EU status is nigh on impossible without destroying the country's prosperity.

So - may those that sowed the seeds of all this be left to pick up the pieces - the patronising, we know best, over-promoted idiots like the pompous buffoon Johnson, the vile Leadsom, the creepy Gove, Shapps et al - I wouldn't trust any of them to run a church fete, but hey, give them all the top jobs and laugh when it goes belly up.

So what if people think Corbyn, McDonnell etc are unelectable - they don't need to be; there are plenty of other more capable hands who will step in in the next few years.

The Tories tearing themselves apart over Europe and in utter chaos - it's nostalgic - let's party like it's 1995!
    Just for accuracy, you should probably move both Corbyn and McDonnell's name it to the list of those who "sowed the seeds of all this" - they were missing in action throughout the campaigning around Brexit. This means they were either (a) asleep at the wheel, (b) supportive of Brexit but not coming out and saying so for political expediency, or (c) opposed to Brexit and allowing something they disagree with to happen in the hopes of being elected as a result.

However critical I might be of May and Cameron (and lord knows, that's a lot) - I find it hard to see any other explanation for Corbyn & McDermott's utter indifference throughout the Brexit campaign (particulary when you see how well they campaigned in the GE) and based on that I wouldn't want to see either of them in No. 10/11 either.

I would find it easier to celebrate the Tory party infighting if I thought that there was any party that could step in and do a better job. Right now - who would that be?
    Last edited by Terryhall; 06 October 2017 at 12:59. Reason: tpyo