Page 158 of 167 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1664

Thread: General Election - 8thJune

Re: General Election - 8thJune

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    Nah Elgy. Corbyn and his acolytes will make a far better job of fooking it up. Fancy a bit of Abbott ?
    I don't think Corbyn will get so much as a of sniff of the job. When the "silent"general public see the likes of "Hang The Tories" or young delegates being picketed and covered in egg yolk they might just think again about voting for a party that attracts such a following. The public could take fright after witnessing such intimidating behaviour.

As for the Tories, when the next general election looms, perhaps they could resurrect posters in the same vein as the "demon eyes" of 1997. This time they could list all the things Corbyn found sooo repellant (shhh) about the EU, or maybe John Mcdonnell holding up his copy of Mao Tse-Tung's little red book. That should concentrate the voters minds wonderfully.

Incidentally, Al, any chance you could dream up a funny name for Mrs May's successor should she leave No 10?

Depends who it is Stuffers.

As regards JC I really cannot make up my mind whether the June election was his high water mark or the start of an upsurge. I am however sure that Teaser is making it easier for him and needs to stand down..

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffy View Post
    As for the Tories, when the next general election looms, perhaps they could resurrect posters in the same vein as the "demon eyes" of 1997. This time they could list all the things Corbyn found sooo repellant (shhh) about the EU, or maybe John Mcdonnell holding up his copy of Mao Tse-Tung's little red book. That should concentrate the voters minds wonderfully.
    That'll be the demon eyes of the guy who won the election in 1997 then?
    But you're right. Thank goodness there was no negative press about Jeremy Corbyn or John McDonnell earlier this year ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    I always found it a bit ridiculous expecting any favours from Trump when he spent his entire campaign saying that any trade deal he signs would have to be heavily weighted towards America.
    I would never believe one word eminating from Trump's mouth. But May needed any encouragement she could get and it gave her a little bit of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    Indeed - just very poor fortune to have had a nasty cold the same week she needed to be on her mettle. People noted how she wasn't in the audience for the other "big" speeches during the week (obviously paying particular heed to Boris) - when presumably she was in her sick bed instead.
    Stress. Weakens resistance to infections and screws up your thinking. She's been under constant criticism for several months, so it's understandable. You need someone with a huge ego to deal with the current, serious problems that the UK is trying to handle, I therefore suggest Trump or Boris as next leader.

Charlie Mullins : Big Tory donator:
    "She is a broken woman. They are setting her up,” he said. “Boris is not a fool. He knows what he is doing. Boris is knocking her at every opportunity he gets because he wants to be prime minister. Boris has been a big part of destroying this woman.”

Don't think she'll survive the weekend.

Hoping for Boris. We'll be a laughing stock but it could mean the end of the Tories for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post

Hoping for Boris. We'll be a laughing stock but it could mean the end of the Tories for a very long time.
    We are becoming so irrelevant on the world stage that he can only cause minor ripples and guffaws. Trump is the clear winner in the embarrassingly vile leader stakes

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post

You never know. Everyone said Corbyn would be the end of Labour for a long time, but he didn't do too badly.

Fe de errores.
    Please forgive my dreadful spelling mistake above : of course it should be "emanate" not "eminate". I wasn't drunk and it wasn't a typo. I hold my head in shame.