Page 157 of 167 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1664

Thread: General Election - 8thJune

Re: General Election - 8thJune

I heard Teaser's speech on the wireless and have now seen it. Oh dear.

Was the cough a real medical problem or was the cough a consequence of some form of inner breakdown ?

The speech will be remembered for ever for all the wrong reasons. The letters dropping off the message board was a cringeworthy own goal and reminded me of the launch of the Labour 2010 General Election campaign when the car was heard crashing close by which made people smile; nobody was hurt apart from Labour's campaign. Once the great unwashed laugh at politicians and their parties they are toast.

There seems to be a fair bit of personal sympathy for Teaser but once voters start to feel sorry for a politician and pity them they are not likely to vote for them. Pity plus ridicule is a toxic brew.

Leaving aside the cough, Hammond the Count's possibly dodgy lozenge and the substandard glue on the letters on the board, the substance of the speech was dismal. She tried to promote a defence of capitalism and business but came up with answers from Ed Miliband's manifesto. No coherent vision, message or plan.

We know she is over promoted and has failed to grow into the job but the Tory party (normally ruthless to a poor leader or a leader who is not seen as a winner) is in a right old pickle. There is no clear replacement but surely they cannot let her limp on much longer ? The Tory party needs to renew itself and cannot do this easily in office.

Time to hand over to Mr Corbyn to let him form a coalition with the Sweaties, Lib Dems and other losers. We can then watch him try to negotiate Brexit and wreck the economy with his completely unviable economic policy. Its going to hurt; rather like going to the dentist, but you know it has to be done at some point or the pain will be even worse. There are a whole load of people out there who did not live under the 1974/79 Labour government and its Tory predecessor led by the wretched Ted Heath which nearly bankrupted us. Unfortunately it seems the lesson needs to be learned all over again the hard way.
    Last edited by Alistair20000; 05 October 2017 at 15:44.

All reports are that she had a bad cold all week. I don't think there's any more to the cough than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Terryhall View Post
    All reports are that she had a bad cold all week. I don't think there's any more to the cough than that.
    Indeed - just very poor fortune to have had a nasty cold the same week she needed to be on her mettle. People noted how she wasn't in the audience for the other "big" speeches during the week (obviously paying particular heed to Boris) - when presumably she was in her sick bed instead.

It probably was a bad cold but the problem seemed to get worse after the kerfuffle.

Who was it said: "Give me lucky generals ?" Napoleon ? Teaser is not lucky and needs to be put out of her misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Terryhall View Post
    She tried to claim she was sick, but Tory bosses decided she was fit for work! Good job she wasn't late otherwise she'd have been sanctioned as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    She tried to claim she was sick, but Tory bosses decided she was fit for work! Good job she wasn't late otherwise she'd have been sanctioned as well.

Labour would have signed her off for two years and given her a free car.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post

Now that did make I smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post

Compassionate Tories? Someone mentioned it earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    Time to hand over to Mr Corbyn to let him form a coalition with the Sweaties, Lib Dems and other losers. We can then watch him try to negotiate Brexit and wreck the economy with his completely unviable economic policy. Its going to hurt...
    I've a much better idea, Al.

Time for May to hand over to Angela Leadsom, ably assisted by a purely Brexiteer cabinet including Johnson, Gove, Fox, Davis, IDS, Patel, Redwood, Cash et al to lead us all to the Promised Land.

It's what you voted for.

Quote Originally Posted by elginCity View Post
    I've a much better idea, Al.

Time for May to hand over to Angela Leadsom, ably assisted by a purely Brexiteer cabinet including Johnson, Gove, Fox, Davis, IDS, Patel, Redwood, Cash et al to lead us all to the Promised Land.

It's what you voted for.
    Nah Elgy. Corbyn and his acolytes will make a far better job of fooking it up. Fancy a bit of Abbott ?