Page 154 of 222 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2213

Thread: General Election - 8thJune

Re: General Election - 8thJune

MAY. The Conservatives really need to put an end to May's misery: we can't afford to continue with a leader whose only saving grace now is that we feel sorry for her. Which of the candidates will have the spine to put up? Looks like Rees-Mogg is coming up on the rails. But there's no doubt that the Tories have had it : Labour will win the following election, despite their weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    MAY. The Conservatives really need to put an end to May's misery: we can't afford to continue with a leader whose only saving grace now is that we feel sorry for her. Which of the candidates will have the spine to put up? Looks like Rees-Mogg is coming up on the rails. But there's no doubt that the Tories have had it : Labour will win the following election, despite their weaknesses.
    PS. Whoever helped May to write that speech should be dismissed. What was that sudden introduction of the slogan "The British Dream" all about? At best that should have been introduced during her election campaign, with a definition of what she means by it. Do they really think the people will go all starry-eyed with such a vacuous slogan as that? Deary me.
    Last edited by IndoMike; 05 October 2017 at 02:32.

Typical Brit media. A fool hands a P45 to a woman who is making an important speech and is clearly poorly, and the boot goes in without a second thought. Disgraceful. I get that people don't like her but I don't get behaviour like that. And as for the alternatives waiting in the wings.....

And so this week definitely cleared up the If. Now it's just a matter of When. Personally, I think Bozza will be PM within a year. The only stumbling block as I see it is David Davis.
    Last edited by Mr Jinx; 05 October 2017 at 06:41.

The alternatives waiting in the wings are pretty awful A P.Gosh , politics in this country are in a mess.
    The Europeans must be laughing their socks off , although on second thoughts what with the Spain business and rise of the far 'reich' in Germany....

May's speech was the 2nd item on the Swiss news yesterday. No mention of the lettering falling off the wall behind her, but the P45 and the cough both got a mention.

I was expecting them to bring up that the chap with the P45 is the same guy who threw fake bank notes over Sepp Blatter like confetti at a FIFA press conference a few years ago - can't imagine why they didn't...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jinx View Post
    And so this week definitely cleared up the If. Now it's just a matter of When. Personally, I think Bozza will be PM within a year. The only stumbling block as I see it is David Davis.
    I reckon May will stick it out until something concrete happens with the EU. After that it will depend on which way the papers spin the progress. If it's positive then it will be Davis, if it's negative then Boris.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    What was that sudden introduction of the slogan "The British Dream" all about?
    It was a running theme throughout the conference, with most speeches making some sort of reference to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermann View Post
    I reckon May will stick it out until something concrete happens with the EU. After that it will depend on which way the papers spin the progress. If it's positive then it will be Davis, if it's negative then Boris.
    Or neither. Davis plans to retire fairly soon (he was overheard saying he'd be finishing up once Brexit is done), while Boris doesn't have the support of the MPs.

It won't be Amber Rudd, despite (or because of) her hiring of Lynton Crosby.

If Rory Stewart isn't prepared to have a face transplant, maybe have a cheeky fiver on Priti Patel. *Taps nose etc.*

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    It was a running theme throughout the conference, with most speeches making some sort of reference to it.
    Yes, Jason, I did realize that. But why wasn't that in her election campaign, and what exactly is the "British Dream" ? Can you clarify?