• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leyton Orient FC

Rog H K

https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2724193

City's 6 points and +5 goals this season v Orient. Could they be in doubt if the worst happened to Orient? Would hate to see this Club wound up. Possibility?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
V bad news, especially as they beat Plymouth Argyle!

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Wish them well, but for selfish reason hope they can at least limp through to complete their fixtures.

malcolms

HMRC? what a surprise...bloodsucking arseholes....

Jam Doughnut

nah , owners always pay up in the end. i remember last season a few league 1 clubs (oldham? bury? southend?) were late paying and nothing happened to them.
liquidation is very rare in the football league. the last league clubs that i remember getting liquidated were maidstone and aldershot in the early 90s

Apparently they owe HMRC in the region of £250 000-everyone in football admin should know that the golden rule is to pay HMRC otherwise they will attempt to close you down without batting an eyelid!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bad news for Orient but I'm sure they'll fulfil their fixtures.

citizen

Stupid Comment, They had the money they should pay there dues.
Sorry for the Supporters ,but they have been a poorly run club for a number of seasons.
I seem to remember something similar happening to us and a certain club down the road in recent years.
Good luck to them.

grecianstew

Yep, all we need to do is shut down a couple Hospital Wards, or cut a schools funding then we could write this debt to the people of Britain off.

ECFC Music

What are they supposed to do then wait until there is no assets to distribute ? Remember they are a priority creditor in the event of liquidation. As someone else has posted it's common sense to make sure taxes are paid on time.