• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gate Committee Report

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

eurogrecian

So they should be. Pretty good I think.
If we have a decent run-in, we should be on course for a third consecutive season of increasing home crowds, which, considering our poor form at the Park, is as pleasing as it is surprising.
Good stuff.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm a bit confused by one aspect of the report - they say that their prediction (for Wycombe at least) was made in the close season, yet they expected the Stevenage attendance to be down following the disappointment at Argyle.

Does that mean prior to the season starting they were predicting disappointment at Home Park?

Red Bill

The way I read it was that they expected the attendance to be down on the pre season prediction due to result against the greens, but it actually turned out to be better than predicted.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking likely to have an increase in average home attendance for the third season running, which is good news considering the dire home form for most of that time.

With Blackpool, Cheltenham, Yeovil, Newport and Carlisle still to visit, and assuming the goodish run continues, potentially we could be looking at our best average since returning to L2.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The way I read it was that they expected the attendance to be down on the pre season prediction due to result against the greens, but it actually turned out to be better than predicted.
Correct!:D

eurogrecian

Looking likely to have an increase in average home attendance for the third season running, which is good news considering the dire home form for most of that time.

With Blackpool, Cheltenham, Yeovil, Newport and Carlisle still to visit, and assuming the goodish run continues, potentially we could be looking at our best average since returning to L2.
And I think that's the way it turned out - 4,166 was the average I believe.
A figure only bettered 4 times in the last 25 years.
Just wait until we put on some decent performances at home!

CWH-NYC_

With tomorrow being a sell out, that will push the average up a bit more.
BTW what is a sell out crowd these days, it keeps getting lower??

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
8.5K-ish, I believe. I'd thought it was around 8.8K, but that was presumably before the SJR capacity was reduced a couple of years back.

eurogrecian

Only regular season games are counted for the season average!