• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Hartlepool (A)

Legohead

Banned
Going up there for this one instead as I can't get to Crawley sadly. Been to the ground before but not seen an Exeter game there yet. I don't know how many away fans were at this fixture last season but as we're doing well currently then hopefully a few extra fans will make the trip up.

Was hoping to make this one on the GT coach but as I'm a non-driver I can't make it into town for the 6am departure....any fellow Reds trundling through Creddy before 5.30 am on the 4th March and can help an old man out with a lift please ?......cheers,

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
£20 a ticket for a restricted view! Anyways, train ticket organised. Always a good day out, if a rather a long day.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'm at a cousin's wedding so no clap from me. Had an excellent time of it when we finished the season up there in 2014, not often you end up having a pint with the ref after the match!

£20 a ticket for a restricted view! Anyways, train ticket organised. Always a good day out, if a rather a long day.
Have worked out a viable plan for anyone it may be of use to ........Friday Evening Megabus to London - £7.......Midnight Megabus to Middlesbrough ( sleep and arrive 6ish) - £8......Train return to Hartlepool - £3.90 ( train back to Middlesbrough after a few postmatch drinks).....Late Megabus from Middlesbrough back to London ( sleep and arrive 6 ish).....have a nosey around the Smoke then catch afternoon/evening Megabus back to here...............£34 total travel cost......not a bad adventure I think you'll agree.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have worked out a viable plan for anyone it may be of use to ........Friday Evening Megabus to London - £7.......Midnight Megabus to Middlesbrough ( sleep and arrive 6ish) - £8......Train return to Hartlepool - £3.90 ( train back to Middlesbrough after a few postmatch drinks).....Late Megabus from Middlesbrough back to London ( sleep and arrive 6 ish).....have a nosey around the Smoke then catch afternoon/evening Megabus back to here...............£34 total travel cost......not a bad adventure I think you'll agree.
Geeze...I would need a week off after that sort of journey...Though I did get a coach from Calais to Yugoslavia when I was 17 in 1978...Alright if one is young..

Anyway I will be driving up.Not do-able on the train in a day from Exeter..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Realised after I posted last night that I can't actually get to King's Cross for the 08.11train. plan b required.

fred binneys head

That's awesome, you're a legend.

That's awesome, you're a legend.
Very flattering of you FBH thanks but as a lifelong non-driver it's always been a case of ' needs must'.

Anyways, I've never minded having to plan journeys as if I did drive I would ...

(a)...messass around at home and probably never leave in time to get there anyway....

(b) ..not enjoy the journey or destination as I would have to do the whole thing again backwards....and

(c)...I can have a kip both ways.

Used to be able to go up to Cowdenbeath in Scotland for banger racing on the train ....£16 to York , a beer or two in town then £12 to Edinburgh and £3.50 to Cowden......about 9 hrs total including refreshments in York..

I even bought a decent telescope on Ebay off someone from Brentwood in Essex for a measly few squids, so got a lift into St Davids for the 5.10 am Megatrain to Waterloo on Saturday morning, bus to Liverpool St, cheapday train to Brentwood....all for £6 up and £8 back.....I was back in Creddy by a quarter to five - in time to get changed and out to Waie Inn for me mum's 80th at 6pm....

Yep, that was a bit of a day , so Hartlepool on the GT coach would hold no fears except for the fact I can't get the measly 6 miles into town in the first place.

I am in two minds ( 'cos I is tight ) to catch last bus in at Friday midnight and camp out behind a hedge somewhere in town ....just my luck it would piddle down though.

Plenty of time to mull this one over.

fred binneys head

Maybe I'm easily impressed but I have you down as a legend in my legend scrapbook, they are some journeys.