Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alex Byrne

Re: Alex Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by denzel View Post
    Maybe in the Devon Bowl on Tuesday? We have a few games coming up he may feature in, with the Premier League Cup for example
    Good call re the Premier League U23 Cup.

A good week for Alex - the most senior player in our midfield against Hull, alongside three teenagers, and an excellent outcome.

Also on the bench for the first team on Saturday.The unfortunate news re Jordan Tillson means we are a bit short of tough tackling midfielders , so Alex may be closer to first team action than for some time. And I think I had him down as 21 (same year as Watkins,Jay etc) when in fact that's jason Pope and Alex is the year below aged only 20.

pleased for Alex getting a football league appearance for the last ten minutes or so

Long way down the pecking order for the two central midfield spots behind Tillson James Harley Boateng and Taylor but will be good if he shows he can perform.

(PS how did he do?)
    Last edited by andrew p long; 11 November 2017 at 21:15.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew p long View Post
    pleased for Alex getting a football league appearance for the last ten minutes or so

Long way down the pecking order for the two central midfield spots behind Tillson James Harley Boateng and Taylor but will be good if he shows he can perform.

(PS how did he do?)
    He didn't have a lot to do, but what he did was neat and tidy. Understandably he looked a bit nervous, because he obviously didn't want to make any mistakes, and he didn't. I wouldn't put him behind Harley anymore. I think we have seen the last of Ryan unless we have a major injury problem

Quote Originally Posted by Exehausted View Post
    He didn't have a lot to do, but what he did was neat and tidy. Understandably he looked a bit nervous, because he obviously didn't want to make any mistakes, and he didn't. I wouldn't put him behind Harley anymore. I think we have seen the last of Ryan unless we have a major injury problem
    Disagree re Harley. Tisdale loves him and when fit he will be given games I’m sure, although I agree he’s way past his best now.

Quote Originally Posted by Moomin Grecian View Post
    Disagree re Harley. Tisdale loves him and when fit he will be given games I’m sure, although I agree he’s way past his best now.
    Almost every player in the ‘get to know you’ style videos refer to Harley as the best player they’ve played with at City.

Why should Harley be way past his best? He's only 30ish isnt he? Strikes me he needs to put in some effort for his paypacket. He's always played at a comfortable pace (some might say plodding) so he shouldnt be drained, or gone off the boil. He should be as able a player as he was when he played that playoff game at Torquay all those years ago. I think his problem is all in the mind.

Disagree re Harley. Tisdale loves him and when fit he will be given games Im sure, although I agree hes way past his best now.
    Is he injured?

Quote Originally Posted by Boyo View Post
    Is he injured?
    Not sure he is otherwise Tiz would surely have mentioned his unavailability compared to the long term injured players missing? I would be amazed if we ever see Ryan play for us if Tiz has prioritised a young inexperienced player such as Byrne ahead of him? Given Ryan wont be getting a new deal it would be in his interests as it would for TAH to go out on loan with a view to a move next season to a Conference club.

Byrne was very good defensively yesterday in the last ten minutes.

Fingers uncrossed and looking forward to next season!

I think Harley has lost it. To me it is noticeable that this season without Harley we are getting much better results.