• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lloyd James

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't find a thread of his own.

Lloyd James seems to be finding form after a ropey start to his Grecians career. Tis has stuck by him through thin and thin and is now being repaid by him being the midfielder we needed.

Who knew about the personal problem though ?

I've slated him for his anonymity and for his shooting skills but he's turned it round. Well done James, keep it up.

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/midfielder-lloyd-james-dedicates-first-ever-exeter-city-goal-to-his-late-mother/story-30112999-detail/story.html

Red Bill

I've been very critical of him but he does seem to be coming good now. Thoroughly deserved his excellently taken goal on Saturday.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep I agree, he's improved a lot in the past few weeks and we're starting to see some consistency in his game. His goal was a belter yesterday and he's formed a nice little partnership with with Taylor.

Long may it continue...

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Heard about the personal details a couple months back, that sort of thing would affect anyone. He's been good recently and the relationship him and Jake Taylor have struck up in midfield is, IMO a big reason for the run we've been on.

Really good finish yesterday, hopefully he can continue his form.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I still don't rate him. Too many wayward passes. Average at best.

Good goal yesterday though.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I mentioned on another thread last week how much of the credit for our defensive stability should go to him, as he does an awful lot of the often unseen "donkey work" in front of the defence.

Delighted to see him open his account (and a cracking goal at that) on Saturday.

flakey pasty

I mentioned on another thread last week how much of the credit for our defensive stability should go to him, as he does an awful lot of the often unseen "donkey work" in front of the defence.

Delighted to see him open his account (and a cracking goal at that) on Saturday.
Agree with this. He does a lot of unglamorous donkey work which has contributed to our revival. He made a slow start to his Grecian career, understandably after recent news, but now is getting into his stride. Deserved his excellent goal on Saturday, but I still have doubts about whether he's the right person to orchestrate set pieces.

Gordon Dale

Billy the Fish : Well done for starting this thread.

James gives 100% , covers a lot of ground , plays in a 'key' and at times a very demanding position situation , doesn't hide ...indeed it's difficult to do so in that 'slot'. He has become an important 'cog' in the current unbelievably successful 'machine'. Long may it continue .

Ashford Grecian

I still don't rate him. Too many wayward passes. Average at best.

Good goal yesterday though.
Spot on I would agree and don't think he has improved at all... He is not good enough and one "wonder" strike doesn't change that....

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
James has played 41 Championship games and over 150 times in League One,including 42 of the games that took Orient to a play off final.

I think this suggests he is a good player who has been out of form rather than a bad player, even if his performances to date for ECFC have been average and included too many wayward passes.