• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Christy Pym

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think one of the main reasons that City have turned things around so radically is Christy Pym making the first choice for keeper spot his very own. I doubt if Olejnik will be selected again barring injury, and even then I suspect Hamon would be next in line.

Conceding so few goals in the consecutive games he's played is admirable, and I hope things work out for him after an 'iffy' spell involving Tisdale (allegedly) last season, and some questionable keeping earlier this season. He's obviously turned the corner so to speak, and I think his mindset and positive influence spreads throughout the entire team.

For anyone who considers me to be a Pym basher, you should know that I was asked my opinion of his ability long before he got anywhere near playing for City. Based on the evidence I had, I reported that he was short in stature, but given the age that he was four or five years ago, that was no big deal. Male adults dont stop growing until they're 21. I further suggested his reactions and acrobatic ability more than made up for any stature issue. Apart from his height at that time, I could see no reason why he wouldnt make the grade in the football league. His goalkeeping was exemplory in all aspects.

That was my Pym take four or five years ago, nothings changed. He has issues a bit to work on during an actual game, such as decision making coming off his line (or not), and I'd like him to face up to an oncoming forward with more commitment, but by and large he's very nearly there.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Re: Are Playoffs Out Of The Question?

I think one of the main reasons that City have turned things around so radically is Christy Pym making the first choice for keeper spot his very own. I doubt if Olejnik will be selected again barring injury, and even then I suspect Hamon would be next in line.

Conceding so few goals in the consecutive games he's played is admirable, and I hope things work out for him after an 'iffy' spell involving Tisdale (allegedly) last season, and some questionable keeping earlier this season. He's obviously turned the corner so to speak, and I think his mindset and positive influence spreads throughout the entire team.

For anyone who considers me to be a Pym basher, you should know that I was asked my opinion of his ability long before he got anywhere near playing for City. Based on the evidence I had, I reported that he was short in stature, but given the age that he was four or five years ago, that was no big deal. Male adults dont stop growing until they're 21. I further suggested his reactions and acrobatic ability more than made up for any stature issue. Apart from his height at that time, I could see no reason why he wouldnt make the grade in the football league. His goalkeeping was exemplory in all aspects.

That was my Pym take four or five years ago, nothings changed. He has issues a bit to work on during an actual game, such as decision making coming off his line (or not), and I'd like him to face up to an oncoming forward with more commitment, but by and large he's very nearly there.
Remember when Pym used to sit in the o.g not far from us with the city youth players about five years ago. He has looked excellent recently and I can't remember any keeper conceding so few in a similar spell. Well done to him.

STURTZ

Haven't read this but some statto out there must be ale to tell me how many minutes our young custodian has gone without conceding?

Got to be a record surely?

tonykellowfan

One thing I have wondered is, has he actually grown a bit recently? He actually seems taller to me.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Must be about 370 minutes. Four full games and the last bit of the Newport game.

LOG

It's 404 minutes according to someone on the internet. I haven't checked this.

budegrecian

I've been told the reason he's in the side ahead of Bobby is that his kicking is better & that he is more accurate in finding David Wheeler's head with his kick out's. As this now forms part of the more direct approach we have successfully adopted in the last couple of months he gets the shirt.
In any event it's great to see another of our academy graduates doimng so well.

Antony Moxey

The reason he's in front should be obvious: he's simply a much better all round keeper. There's nothing that Olejnik does that's better than Pym.

andrew p long

Christy does now look the real deal. Even if Tis played it down yesterday ('frankly Christy hasn't had much to do in the last two months') it is not just shot stopping, but commanding the area,taking crosses,communication with defenders. I do genuinely feel he deserves a chance back with the England under 21 squad.

Alistair20000

Listening to the wireless yesterday it sounded as if he pulled off some excellent saves.

No compliments from Pate yet though.