Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Christy Pym

Re: Christy Pym

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    I thought Pym played well throughout, apart from that air kick. He clung on well to a couple of crosses along the ground, and I was particularly heartened late in the game when he came of his line, and spread himself as he went to ground, as their forward would have been shaping up to shoot. A minor criticism: He's going to get into trouble if he's not careful for the length of time he takes to clear a ball.

Several times throughout the game Reuben was clearly frustrated with Christy taking a wet week to hoof the ball down to him for reasonable one on one chances.....not only that but the other team are handed copious time to reorganise and mark-up ....and as Pete says, he'll get penalised one day but he should know that regardless..............

......we will miss Ollie immensely and Joel too, moving the ball forward today seemed very laboured.

I thought Pym played well throughout, apart from that air kick. He clung on well to a couple of crosses along the ground, and I was particularly heartened late in the game when he came of his line, and spread himself as he went to ground, as their forward would have been shaping up to shoot. A minor criticism: He's going to get into trouble if he's not careful for the length of time he takes to clear a ball.
    I actually thought he was slow coming out in that instance and should have been down before the forward was begining to shape to shoot. There was also an effort in the first half where he seemed a bit ponderous going down on a firm but not particulalrly testing shot.

Quote Originally Posted by grecIAN Harris View Post
    I actually thought he was slow coming out in that instance and should have been down before the forward was begining to shape to shoot. There was also an effort in the first half where he seemed a bit ponderous going down on a firm but not particulalrly testing shot.
    Fair comment Ian. But at least it seems he's trying to lay the length of his body on the line, instead of shuffling out in that Shay Given fashion, hoping the ball will hit him on the shins. If only he will do that whenever a forward breaks free, I'm sure you'll agree he'll conceed a lot less goals.

Quote Originally Posted by RebornKirtonRed View Post
    Several times throughout the game Reuben was clearly frustrated with Christy taking a wet week to hoof the ball down to him for reasonable one on one chances.....not only that but the other team are handed copious time to reorganise and mark-up ....and as Pete says, he'll get penalised one day but he should know that regardless..............
    Don't remember any one on one chances like you suggest. All goalies hang on to it for what seems ages so their players can move upfield and have a reasonable chance of retaining possession. If they boot it out immediately it just comes back.

Voted player of the month for January by City fans. https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/...h-for-january/

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Voted player of the month for January by City fans. https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/...h-for-january/
    No doubt about that. By a country mile I imagine.

So yesterday, another excellent game from CP with crucial saves, one particularly first class in the first couple of minutes when he blocked (with his body) a certain goal. Another goalbound shot was I thought well held to his left in the latter stages. I did think he was somewhat at fault with the Crewe goal by way of his positioning for an along the ground softish shot, but the close attention of one two of the Crewe players could have been a distraction? He clearly thought the scorer was offside by his reaction. Irrespective, a top game again.

He's really come into his own this season Imo, just needs to work on quicker distribution but yeah, very positive so far.

Looks like the competition from Jones is making him rather than breaking him. Good sign.

but the close attention of one two of the Crewe players could have been a distraction? He clearly thought the scorer was offside by his reaction. Irrespective, a top game again.
    I think the offside guy was the one immediately in front of him - I couldn't work out whether that forward touched it, but either way he was offside.