• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Sparkes

IBA

Thought it was about time we gave the buay his own thread.and also it would be nice to discuss Jack Sparkes without mentioning Ethan Ampadu , oops the later is harder than I thought.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: Jack Sparkesworld

I've only seen him once, against wigan in the fa youth cup but he looked very promising and scored a very good goal. It's good to see we've got more young prospects coming through.

budegrecian

Sparkesworld?
I found myself watching Paulton v Hereford a couple of weeks ago, when we didn't have a fixture, as we stayed with friends who live up there. I got talking to a young goalkeeper who has come thro' Bristol Rovers academy but who for various reasons was recently training with our U18's. In addition to Ethan Ampadu he also spoke of how impressed he was with Jack Sparkes.

He advised that the training at City's academy was far more intensive than at Bristol Rovers. Watching City's young keepers, Pym, Hamon & some of the others he realised that he probably won't be good enough to 'make it' but he was very impressed by our youth set up & spoke very highly of Dan Green & Simon Hayward, which, although not surprising, is still good to hear.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster

Looks like a lot of hope for the future then.Great stuff.

andrew p long

although this has been posted elsewhere, as Sparkes scored both goals to get eh under 16s to a national final, it is worth including on here

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/academy-report-under-16s-reach-national-final-with-victory-over-southend-united-3539826.aspx

andrew p long

having scored last month for the U16s, he's now done so for the U18s

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/academy-report-gillingham-1-exeter-city-1-3588900.aspx

scored the goal,brought down for the penalty, in age group two years above his actual age

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've changed the title to reflect his actual name. Hope that's okay with people.

andrew p long

Given squad number 30 for the 2017-18 season, which is a massive statement about a lad playing under 16s football last season..

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/

Last edited:

Nidds

According to the date of birth on his biog, he is 116!

jimbo-gould

Been really impressed with him on a few occasions I have seen him play. I worry with his size that will be a similar situation to Matt Jay in terms of having bags of skill, but not the size to have a real impact on a game.