• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Supporters Trust chairman on life at SJP and completing the 92

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's just tooooo nice! Which wont be lost on TT&P. Everything in the garden is presented as so rosy - it makes me want to vomit.

Just one point I'd like clarified regarding Tisdale. We/you are left hanging laboring under the assumption that Tisdale has recently been served 2 years notice. Is it really impossible to verify that we caught Tisdale on a good day, and he really has been given notice? At one point IMHO Tagg kicked up an almighty stink seemingly to prevent the move, citing legal reasons. It seems to me that if Tisdale did agree, he was dragged kicking and screaming to do it.

Antony Moxey

You should write a book Pete, you have a natural talent for writing fiction.

PeteUSA

Seriously Ant, where do I look to find conclusive evidence? Or should the fact that one or two BoS members are walking around with smiles on their faces be enough?

Antony Moxey

Where to look seems irrelevant because if you can't find the facts you simply make them up instead.

astraltrader

Where to look seems irrelevant because if you can't find the facts you simply make them up instead.
Sorry Antony I have to ask. Are you related to the Mr Moxey former CEO at Wolves now Norwich??

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I believe that I posted on at least 2 occasions that City would snap out of their poor run of form come October time. Well, I was somewhat premature with my workings but I wasn't that far off the mark.

As for Martin Weilers take on things, yes, we were holding up the entire football league and the turnaround in form is not only most welcome but also gets a lot of people off the hook. However, imagine if we were still holding up the entire football league would Tisdale still be here? The answer is probably yes.

The truth is that it 'must' not be forgotten that there are still substantial and out of the ordinary wedges ending up in peoples pockets - not only that, but seemingly unfettered power being wielded in the boardroom by paid employees. Yes the turnaround in form is most welcome, but if things fall away again, as it is possible, then things will simply be as it was before.

Antony Moxey

Sorry Antony I have to ask. Are you related to the Mr Moxey former CEO at Wolves now Norwich??
Nope, nor am I related to Dean either.

dontpassback

Martin is a very passionate city fan and a nice bloke too,is he the man to keep tisdale and tagg on their toes,thats another question.

Red Bill

Much as I like Martin personally, and lets ace it he's such a nice bloke it would be difficult to find a reason not to, he was the last person I wanted to see as Trust chairman (a role I understand he only took on as no one else put themselves forward).

It would be wrong IMO to ignore the positive things that he mentions in his column because they are genuine positives, but they way he talks about the situation we were in just a few weeks ago like it was just a minor and temporary blip in an otherwise thoroughly rosy garden brought about purely by a long injury list (my interpretation of his words I accept), is i think indicative of his overall view, i.e. that there's nothing fundamentally wrong with the team, the club or Trust and that widespread dissatisfaction and concern amongst fans simply didn't exist before this season and that there's no need for any kind of drastic action to be considered.

From what I've witnessed Martin is very much in the camp that believes the Trust should not be meddling in any way with the running of the club or the decision of the CB, a stance that I've made pretty clear in the past could not be more different to my own opinions on the matter. I think he's certainly someone who would listen carefully to a full range of views and opinions and would respect all of them equally, but IMO it takes a very big man indeed to go against what one believes themselves and I therefore I'm not expecting to hear anything I would consider encouraging coming from Martin. However the TB is democratic and from what I've heard, there has been a mood change on the TB since the elections, even if it isn't that obvious from the outside, so maybe I shouldn't be too concerned by hearing Martin say exactly what I'd expect him to say!