• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Liam McAlinden.

astraltrader

Hi I am a long term City follower since the days of Alan Banks and Keith Harvey back in the early 1960's!!
I will confess to also being a long term Wolves fan [I know but please dont hold it against me!] and I was wondering what the general feeling is here about Liam Mcalinden.
I always rated the lad when he was at Wolves and was a tad surprised when he was let go to City back last May.
How well has he done and do you think he will make it as a regular in the team say ahead of Ruben Reid??

astraltrader [Terry Dickens]

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well i'll answer your question, but i'm not very qualified to do so. From most reports on Exeweb it seems that he has played well and is a good prospect. I would say he's close to becoming a regular, although Tisdale may have other ideas.

astraltrader

Thanks Mike appreciated.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
he is a good runner and a decent size. maybe not a natural goal scorer like nichols, watkins etc. but his pace is handy and he has pretty decent ball control.
people have been comparing him to mackie but i think thats premature. given time he will develop into a quality forward i think, hopefully next season he'll cement himself into the starting line up.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I always rated the lad when he was at Wolves and was a tad surprised when he was let go to City back last May.

astraltrader [Terry Dickens]
I am impressed by him, and hope that Wolves come to rue their decision ! Although could be a bit of a theme at Molyneaux, as I am sure Wolves fans are noticing how well George Friend is doing at Boro' these days ;)

Back on topic, I don't see Liam as directly comparable to Reuben, who I certainly think is yet to show us what he is capable of yet. Still the signs are there the City attack, is starting to gel together nicely, and perhaps both will do well together in the coming months.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's a good prospect and I think his recent form has been impressive. Like others have said he has a bit of pace and decent control. I also think his finishing is pretty decent too from the goals he's got so far.

I think he will be a key player next season and beyond when/if players like Watkins and Holmes move on.

DanceMagnet

I've been impressed with what I've seen of him. He's got good pace and a decent football brain on him. He seems to know instinctively when to hold on to the ball and when to make a pass. I think he's more than capable of bagging a few goals with an extended run in the side. He's not really got as much game time as he would have liked, but if we lose one or two in the transfer window, he should get a good opportunity. With Holmes' injury, we're starting to see a bit more of him, and he seems to be rising to the challenge.

rp42

I like him a lot would have him starting over Homer any day of the week.

Who is this McAlinden you speak of ?

Is he some sort of imposter as according to the tannoy we have this McLinden fellow playing for us ?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wolves people told me of their surprise when MacAlinden signed for a league 2 club, a loan deal maybe, but they were of the opinion that he's too good for that level. If he gets regular game time I can see him moving on for good money before long.

I like him.