Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Cricket 2017

Re: Cricket 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post

Anyway, I'm off to look up Grace Road and Wantage Road.
    Beautiful grounds Jason. Any truth in the rumour that there are rumblings of discontent in the Middlesex camp and they are an "unhappy squad." ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    Beautiful grounds Jason. Any truth in the rumour that there are rumblings of discontent in the Middlesex camp and they are an "unhappy squad." ?
    I haven't heard anything, but it wouldn't surprise me - although that likely goes hand in hand with underperformance, which breeds which?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    Was apparently under strong provocation and the "victim" was attacking him with a bottle.

We'll see.

Anyway, I'm off to look up Grace Road and Wantage Road.
    The guy has previous and should not be anywhere near the England team for a long time. Likely as not, the IPL will kick him out too......

His anger counselling/management therapies do not seem to have worked.

Great talent but deeply flawed. What is it with these guys e.g. Gascoigne, Rooney etc ?

FIGJAM for the Ashes tour anybody ?

Gus has been throwing the toys out - Somerset's pitch and also the points deduction.

Amused me a little to see Taunton referred to as "Ciderabad" because of its turning pitches. I admit that I wouldn't be laughing if the ECB decide to reprieve Middlesex and send us down after all.

Somerset have been pushing their luck with pitch preparation. A number of pitches over the past two seasons could have been marked "below average"with the "totting up" leading to points deductions.

Then again, we send touring teams to Asia and expect them to compete. Not easy for players who've never batted on a turner or bowled on one.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyhound View Post
    Gus has been throwing the toys out - Somerset's pitch and also the points deduction.
    I think we have behaved very poorly in recent weeks. The points deduction was our fault and not the fault of the idiot with the crossbow. Had we not faffed around in the first place we wouldn't have been in that situation. Whenever I've seen us I've been appalled at the ridiculous stuff we go through between deliveries. If the batsman taps it to mid off, mid off can pick the ball up, rub it a bit if necessary and give it to the bowler as he strides back to his mark. Mid off doesn't need to throw the ball to the keeper stood 50 yards away, who then jogs about a bit before giving it to slip who rubs the ball, then to gully who rubs it then all the way around before eventually giving it to the bowler who has trudged back to his mark.

As for the pitch - well yes, it was apparently a poor one but counties should be in a position to gain home advantage by preparing a pitch suited to their strengths. I know we can't because it's the MCC, not Middx, who are in charge of our pitches, but that's by the by.

We were relegated because we didn't perform to our abilities (plus some poor weather but everyone had that), and were penalised at long last for our shocking over rates.

Grumpy old grouch Gus syndrome ?