Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: David Wheeler

Fingers uncrossed and looking forward to next season!

Re: David Wheeler

I cannot see the club letting Wheeler go now, there really would be no point at all. Might as well make him play out the rest of the season than sell him for peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpassback View Post
    They had to squeeze 15k out of Harry Potter for some no mark from the gulls,so they certainly ain't going to cough up a decent wedge for wheeler .
    Was it last season that there were rumours of a pre contract agreement with Adams, we offered more and Wheeler signed for us and then took the p*ss out of Argyle and the grass not always being greener but sometimes covered in algae? Living in Bristol I'd suspect he'd look for work nearer to his home but he could be tempted, especially with Slime doing so well.

I'd suggest we offer him more again but it can't always work.

Enjoy the good times, they don't last forever.

I heard that Oxford were interested. The rumour from a source I trust was that the Oxford boss tried to speak to him after the game up there on Boxing Day without going through official channels. Thankfully wheeler decided to remain here, just hope we can persuade him to give us another season. Unless we tie him to a long deal which is unlikely I don't see us selling.

Quote Originally Posted by richard_portland View Post
    I heard that Oxford were interested. The rumour from a source I trust was that the Oxford boss tried to speak to him after the game up there on Boxing Day without going through official channels. Thankfully wheeler decided to remain here, just hope we can persuade him to give us another season. Unless we tie him to a long deal which is unlikely I don't see us selling.
    Any offer from a League 1 club would be very tempting to him I'd of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by fred binneys head View Post
    If you're gonna say **** like that sturtz I suggest you put the keyboard down and count to ten mate.
    Sorry to be the person to drop a steaming turd into our bowl of cherries Fred but as I say it could happen.

As you might imagine the game at Gnome Park is at the top of my mind right now and the thought of going there with our present team at the top of their game is tantalising. Especially Wheeler, Harley, Reid and Watkins. We could really show them up and have a great time in the process.

You've got to look at it practically though and selling Wheeler might be the only option for a club that relies on selling.

Quote Originally Posted by tonykellowfan View Post
    I cannot see the club letting Wheeler go now, there really would be no point at all. Might as well make him play out the rest of the season than sell him for peanuts.
    Now there is the conundrum. One man's peanuts is another's good deal! Peanuts would be to sell him in January for say 30-40k. However, given it would be very unlikely for him to re-sign considering the offers he could receive as a free agent in the summer how much of an offer would be deemed as good business - 100k?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint James View Post
    Now there is the conundrum. One man's peanuts is another's good deal! Peanuts would be to sell him in January for say 30-40k. However, given it would be very unlikely for him to re-sign considering the offers he could receive as a free agent in the summer how much of an offer would be deemed as good business - 100k?
    I wouldn't take the peanuts....but if he's not going to sign a new deal I'd take a minimum 100k with a future sell on clause...I still think think Jake Taylor can cut it in that wide right position.

Enjoy the good times, they don't last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devon View Post
    I wouldn't take the peanuts....but if he's not going to sign a new deal I'd take a minimum 100k with a future sell on clause...I still think think Jake Taylor can cut it in that wide right position.
    Agreed, 100k if wheeler wasn't going to sign would get us a quality replacement. But don't think clubs are going to offer that if they can get the same player for nothing in a matter of months. Our best chance is convincing him we can realistically get to league one with him as a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by richard_portland View Post
    Agreed, 100k if wheeler wasn't going to sign would get us a quality replacement. But don't think clubs are going to offer that if they can get the same player for nothing in a matter of months. Our best chance is convincing him we can realistically get to league one with him as a part of it.
    I know what you're saying but most clubs aren't thinking about "in a matter of months" the manager will probably be gone by then!!

Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post
    Sorry to be the person to drop a steaming turd into our bowl of cherries Fred but as I say it could happen.

As you might imagine the game at Gnome Park is at the top of my mind right now and the thought of going there with our present team at the top of their game is tantalising. Especially Wheeler, Harley, Reid and Watkins. We could really show them up and have a great time in the process.

You've got to look at it practically though and selling Wheeler might be the only option for a club that relies on selling.
    Put. The keyboard. Down.