Page 1 of 251 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 2510

Thread: The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz XI

  1. #1

    The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz XI



    Yes, itís that time again when you wonder where the year has gone and feel slightly down about how little youíve achieved. But fret not because this, ladies and gents, is the shining light at the end of that particular tunnel. Thatís right, itís The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz XI.

    You should all know the drill by now but, to recap, a daily picture clue will be posted up until the grand finale on 24th December. Each clue will have pointage assigned to it based on how difficult or crap a clue it is. The answer will be something related to ECFC, Exeter or possibly even Devon.

    If there are any daily variations on the standard format details will be given at the time and, following lots of positive feedback, a musical clue hasnít yet been ruled out completely.

    Them roolz:

    ē I canít stop you from using an image search but I would ask you to take periodic looks in the mirror just to check that you can still face yourself and that your reflection hasnít disappeared.
    ē Rearing up will be tolerated, to a point, because I know how passionate you all are. Please remember though that thereís a person at the other end and I have feelings as well.
    ē Workings must be shown. I understand though that this is a high-pressure environment where snoozing can lead to losing so if you want to fire off a quick one you can follow this up with workings in a subsequent post and Iíll then consider those posts as one. The follow up must be posted in a timely manner though and the longer you leave it the greater the chance of someone else nipping in around the back and tucking one in.
    ē There is no limit on how many guesses you can have but if you start taking the **** there may be sanctions imposed. You will be warned first, mind.
    ē The quizmaterís word is final.

    Above all else, I hope that you enjoy the ride.


  2. #2
    exeweb.com mod Jason H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hounslow, Middlesex
    Posts
    30,013

    Re: The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz XI

    Scott Golbourne.

  3. #3
    Grecian2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    Posts
    20,847

    Re: The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz XI

    Paul Tinseldale?

    Hollie Watkins?
    Last edited by Grecian2K; 30 November 2016 at 13:27.

  4. #4
    Terryhall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    2,888

    Re: The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz XI

    James Berry.

  5. #5
    Grecian2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    Posts
    20,847

    Re: The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz XI

    The notoriously dyslexic former City manager from the 1980s, Jim Ilex?

  6. #6
    Alistair20000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Quite Remarkable
    Posts
    20,102

    Re: The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz XI

    Quote Originally Posted by LOG View Post


    Yes, itís that time again when you wonder where the year has gone and feel slightly down about how little youíve achieved. But fret not because this, ladies and gents, is the shining light at the end of that particular tunnel. Thatís right, itís The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz XI.

    You should all know the drill by now but, to recap, a daily picture clue will be posted up until the grand finale on 24th December. Each clue will have pointage assigned to it based on how difficult or crap a clue it is. The answer will be something related to ECFC, Exeter or possibly even Devon.If there are any daily variations on the standard format details will be given at the time and, following lots of positive feedback, a musical clue hasnít yet been ruled out completely.

    Them roolz:

    ē I canít stop you from using an image search but I would ask you to take periodic looks in the mirror just to check that you can still face yourself and that your reflection hasnít disappeared.
    ē Rearing up will be tolerated, to a point, because I know how passionate you all are. Please remember though that thereís a person at the other end and I have feelings as well.
    ē Workings must be shown. I understand though that this is a high-pressure environment where snoozing can lead to losing so if you want to fire off a quick one you can follow this up with workings in a subsequent post and Iíll then consider those posts as one. The follow up must be posted in a timely manner though and the longer you leave it the greater the chance of someone else nipping in around the back and tucking one in.
    ē There is no limit on how many guesses you can have but if you start taking the **** there may be sanctions imposed. You will be warned first, mind.
    ē The quizmaterís word is final.

    Above all else, I hope that you enjoy the ride.

    POLITE ENQUIRIES

    Call me Mr Picky if you wish but these important points come to mind:

    1) Is Exeweb and are Exewebbers deemed to be with the definition highlighted or is this sector an avenue of pleasure that will be closed off this year ? Just wanting to avoid unnecessary research like.

    2) In the unlikely event that I give a correct answer and in the more likely scenario that STURTZ nips in with the workings before me does he pick up all the pointage ?

    3) Will discretionary bonus points be awarded for answers that are "better" than the pre-ordained "correct" answer ?

    4) Will there be a posh, s*anky scoreboard similar to that commissioned by Elgy ?

    5) Do you have a GA ?

    Other questions available.
    Last edited by Alistair20000; 30 November 2016 at 13:43.

  7. #7
    Grecian2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    Posts
    20,847

    Re: The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz XI

    Al, you forgot...

    6) Should trying to actually WIN the e.a.c. be number 1, 2 or 3 in one's list of priorities?

  8. #8
    Alistair20000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Quite Remarkable
    Posts
    20,102

    Re: The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz XI

    Quote Originally Posted by Grecian2K View Post
    Al, you forgot...

    6) Should trying to actually WIN the e.a.c. be number 1, 2 or 3 in one's list of priorities?
    Good question. A bit of a poisoned chalice I think but the chance of payback against Lionel has some attraction.

  9. #9

    Re: The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz XI

    Answers below:

    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    POLITE ENQUIRIES

    Call me Mr Picky if you wish but these important points come to mind:

    1) Is Exeweb and are Exewebbers deemed to be with the definition highlighted or is this sector an avenue of pleasure that will be closed off this year ? Just wanting to avoid unnecessary research like. Exeweb and Exewebbers are included under the ECFC banner.

    2) In the unlikely event that I give a correct answer and in the more likely scenario that STURTZ nips in with the workings before me does he pick up all the pointage ? The correct answer and workings must be provided by the same person to win the point(s). If STURTZ should nip in around the back he would first have to assume that your answer was correct as i won't let on until all information has been submitted.

    3) Will discretionary bonus points be awarded for answers that are "better" than the pre-ordained "correct" answer ? This situation is highly unlikely to arise because i probably won't tell you. If it does then perhaps.

    4) Will there be a posh, s*anky scoreboard similar to that commissioned by Elgy ? I'll try but no promises.

    5) Do you have a GA ? No, flying solo this year. For some reason, there were no applicants.

    Other questions available.

  10. #10

    Re: The Exeweb Advent Calendar Quiz XI

    Quote Originally Posted by LOG View Post
    Workings must be shown. I understand though that this is a high-pressure environment where snoozing can lead to losing so if you want to fire off a quick one you can follow this up with workings in a subsequent post and Iíll then consider those posts as one.
    Is there a time limit for this "Workings To Follow*" buffer zone?


    *WTF

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •