Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Simpson

Re: Robbie Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Avening Posse View Post
    I give the chap 100% for effort every time I have seen him,
    Being a bit of a softie I am feeling rather sorry for him with all this criticism.

Like you I think he does try hard but it does not make up for the lack of ability. I guess we had to find a replacement for that other prolific striker Clinton M.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

I agree Alastair - he's taken some stick has Simpson and to be fair when I've watched him he's worked as hard as anyone.

Hard work though should be a given - it's his football ability and scoring ability that's rightly questioned

Yes this guy is getting a load of stick, despite working his socks off on the pitch. It's not his fault for accepting a contract here, that lies with the idiot who signed him in the first place.

Agreed - Simpson is only doing what's right for him and his family , I'm sure nobody has an issue with that - the issue is sadly that for a striker his goal scoring record isn't good enough and the likelihood is we're probably the only club who would of offered a deal

I could forgive his lack of goals if he contributed elsewhere, particularly in assists. Arguably as a target-man type this is a fairer remit to be judged upon. The problem is he has just as many assists as he does goals. His stats are truly appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    What he said

1 goal in nearly 20 games & only 29 in his professional career - as mentioned before it takes some believing that Tisdale had watched him much before signing because his goal record alone is enough to tell you he wasn't going to be the player required
    Has known him a long time:

"I've wanted to work with him ever since I worked with him at England Universities and I just thought the time was right." (BBC)

Quote Originally Posted by D__Lo__ View Post
    I could forgive his lack of goals if he contributed elsewhere, particularly in assists. Arguably as a target-man type this is a fairer remit to be judged upon. The problem is he has just as many assists as he does goals. His stats are truly appalling.
    Assist stats here:

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/stats/player-stats/

And shot stats here:

Slightly dubious about the accuracy of the later, given it would appear we've only had two or three off-target efforts all season!

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    Assist stats here:

And shot stats here:

Slightly dubious about the accuracy of the later, given it would appear we've only had two or three off-target efforts all season!
    I was getting ready to say I don't trust a thing which comes out of the club but you've confirmed what I was alluding to, 1 goal, 1 assist so not sure of the clarification need... I reiterate, truly appalling stats.

Quote Originally Posted by globegrecian View Post
    Has known him a long time:

"I've wanted to work with him ever since I worked with him at England Universities and I just thought the time was right." (BBC)
    So we signed him on the basis of Tisdale's long term friendship with him rather than his football ability.
    Little wonder then that he's quite often picked ahead of more obvious choices.Plus it explains why we're struggling on the pitch , probably James is a distant cousin or he knew him from the rotary club or the stamp collecting society.Obviously scouting for good squad players never comes into it , it's all done on a whim especially when you consider all the injury prone lame ducks we sign too.
    Pity any new manager who has to weed that load of misfits out.
    Last edited by Banksy; 17 November 2016 at 07:37.

It probably isn't and Tisdale will say there football reasons behind it but it does look like an old boys favour

Also I always wanted to work with him ? This ain't a bloody office where you'll move a mate in your department it's a football team and unless your very good or going to improve the team you shouldn't be signed

The 3 signings of Simpson , James & Troy haven't worked out in the slightest and added to that the decision to give new contracts to Oakley and woodman as well as not signing a proper midfielder it's just laughable