Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Simpson

Re: Robbie Simpson

Why should we be trying to fit Homer in at centreback?Troy AH, James , Simpson , wonder if their wages would have covered a decent midfielder and centreback.What planet is Tisdale on.Then we wonder why Plymouth are steaming ahead of us when they seemingly have utilised every penny of the money spent on their squad properly.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Quote Originally Posted by Banksy View Post
    Why should we be trying to fit Homer in at centreback?Troy AH, James , Simpson , wonder if their wages would have covered a decent midfielder and centreback.What planet is Tisdale on.Then we wonder why Plymouth are steaming ahead of us when they seemingly have utilised every penny of the money spent on their squad properly.
    What he said

1 goal in nearly 20 games & only 29 in his professional career - as mentioned before it takes some believing that Tisdale had watched him much before signing because his goal record alone is enough to tell you he wasn't going to be the player required

I remember Tisdale saying in the summer "its nice to get the business done early this year "...after signing James, Simpson, Mac alinden, shocking business when we were crying out for a couple of full backs and a hard tackling midfielder, he has lost it altogether, has no pressure put on him, does not seem answerable to anybody, and should be put on gardening leave right away...like today !!

Quote Originally Posted by Banksy View Post
    That one took some scouting out even for Tisdale.
    I think it was mentioned when Simpson signed that their paths had crossed before something to do with when Tisdale was at Team Bath definitely a link somewhere anyway

Quote Originally Posted by richard_portland View Post
    We can't control who is picked, but when he does play we need to use him in areas where he has more strengths. He obviously isn't going to score a huge amount of goals, but wouldn't call him lazy and he can win the ball in the air if it's directed well towards him.
    So what position/areas would you play him in then? Because I dont think he's good enough to play anywhere on the pitch.

Its all very well saying 'he can win the ball in the air if directed well towards him' but thats like saying 'he could score if the ball was on the goal line and he was stood next to it' well come to think of it..........

No better than Jamie Reid.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Quote Originally Posted by manc grecian View Post
    No better than Jamie Reid.
    Your probably right - given Reid is "one of our own" and The club keeps telling us about nurturing players to sell on we may as well of given Reid a few games

I give the chap 100% for effort every time I have seen him, but sadly about 25% for actual ability

Quote Originally Posted by Avening Posse View Post
    I give the chap 100% for effort every time I have seen him, but sadly about 25% for actual ability
    That reminds me of my school report AP.

Quote Originally Posted by contrabombarde View Post
    That reminds me of my school report AP.
    I think you are selling yourself short there mate