• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust AGM Videos

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
For anyone who couldn't attend yesterday's Trust AGM and would like to see all, or some of it, please see the following video links. I am sorry it is in bits, but I had no option and I'm not adept at video editing so haven't joined the sections together. At least you can skip forward easily if you get bored!

Hopefully however they are in chronological order. A few further points:-

• You may also struggle with the audio occasionally as I was standing at the back of the room.
  • The picture sometimes suffers from camera shake as I was holding the camera in my hand (for nigh on two hours!)
  • This is not an official Trust video in any shape or form.
  • Finally, the last 5 or 6 minutes are missing as my battery ran out!

malcolms

For anyone who couldn't attend yesterday's Trust AGM and would like to see all, or some of it, please see the following video links. I am sorry it is in bits, but I had no option and I'm not adept at video editing so haven't joined the sections together. At least you can skip forward easily if you get bored!

Hopefully however they are in chronological order. A few further points:-

• You may also struggle with the audio occasionally as I was standing at the back of the room.
  • The picture sometimes suffers from camera shake as I was holding the camera in my hand (for nigh on two hours!)
  • This is not an official Trust video in any shape or form.
  • Finally, the last 5 or 6 minutes are missing as my battery ran out!

Thanks Pete, good effort...However as you say the audio is a bit "difficult"...Is there a reason why no official recording was made with appropriate sound system?

Room clearly far too small... A conspiracist might suggest that this was intentional.... :)

Last edited:

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks Pete.

Can you remember when the Tisdale contract motion was discussed? Quite fancy watching that without sitting through the whole lot.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Would have been about 12.15, so probably around three quarters of the way through.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Would have been about 12.15, so probably around three quarters of the way through.
Yes. It'll be in one of the last two. Possibly the final one (start with that first). If you're not already aware, you can fast forward by sliding the tab on the bar at the bottom along. My battery went flat just before the final motion iirc.

iscalad

Thanks for these. It's always good to have a verbatim recording.Hopefully, in future, if the Trust allow it, these can be recorded more professionally.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Thanks for these. It's always good to have a verbatim recording.Hopefully, in future, if the Trust allow it, these can be recorded more professionally.
One of the things I intend to pursue this coming year is to achieve a clear Trust policy on the recording and subsequent posting of public Trust events. Imo it's long overdue.

iscalad

One of the things I intend to pursue this coming year is to achieve a clear Trust policy on the recording and subsequent posting of public Trust events. Imo it's long overdue.
Maybe I should have said "WHEN the Trust allow it". However, an AGM motion next year, if they don't.

gbjpc

Thanks Pete - very interesting way of spending tonight. Sound was adequate but frustrating we missed the last part of 'that' motion. Given the debate on other threads about the election and agm I wonder how many of those that weren't there have watched it.

It's quite enlightening to see how procedure and rules can put so many obstacles in the way of what people think is straightforward, but for the most part the rules are there for a reason.

The employment stuff amuses me a little. Twice in the last 3 years I have been through consultations at work which have varied my contract to my employers advantage but as long as the proper process was followed I had no option but to sign the amendment or have my contract terminated. Of course I would have been entitled to leave and have my notice paid but it's amazing what you will sign away to keep a job you like with an employer you also like.

Last edited:

Pete Martin (CTID)

Thanks Pete - very interesting way of spending tonight. Sound was adequate but frustrating we missed the last part of 'that' motion. Given the debate on other threads about the election and agm I wonder how many of those that weren't there have watched it.

It's quite enlightening to see how procedure and rules can put so many obstacles in the way of what people think is straightforward, but for the most part the rules are there for a reason.

The employment stuff amuses me a little. Twice in the last 3 years I have been through consultations at work which have varied my contract to my employers advantage but as long as the proper process was followed I had no option but to sign the amendment or have my contract terminated. Of course I would have been entitled to leave and have my notice paid but it's amazing what you will sign away to keep a job you like with an employer you also like.
It's interesting that, within the football industry, it seems to be generally agreed that football managers' contracts are a minefield and no two are ever the same. I heard that on a discussion on Talk Sport a few weeks ago. Players' contracts are generally pretty much to a template but those of managers are, apparently, frequently very individual. The bottom line is that, if you get rid of a manager during the term of a contract you have to pay compensation. There is no two ways about it. Last season Kidderminster decided in the autumn to sack the manager. Toward the end of winter they sacked his replacement. They ended the season relegated, whilst simultaneously having to pay all three managers. I think something similar happened at Torquay. Whatever you do is often and expensive risk.

Last edited: