• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

An existential crisis at our club

I went to the game today and found myself with a sense of disorientation and confusion in the face of what seemed the apparently meaningless and absurd parallel universe which is currently centred at SJP.

Breaking my self imposed boycott I got tempted to make an appearance on the basis that I had to be in Exeter in any case and a friend kindly donated two tickets for free.

I had read the Tisdale interview WMN where he talked about the the amazing spirit in the dressing room , I'd read his previous interviews about the fight within his teams and how hard they work as individuals and a team. I saw the videos of the Barnet game. Ok let's retake the sacrament that is the Grecian faith.

The first half was the most derisory performance by a City team I have seen over the last 35 years.

Completely out fought , out committed , out skilled , out tackled and out played by one of the few teams with a worse record than us in the league.

Clownish defending , no basic skills, let alone any imagination or guile. A team devoid of ideas, passion and direction.

Yet we pay Tagg, Tisdale and Perryman a quarter of a million pounds a year to assemble, train, organise, pick and direct this team!?? Really ???

I read in the Express & Echo in that ludicrous Q&A that Tagg tells us we have "accountability" at our club. Really?? Who exercises it? What are the consequences of it ?? How come 3 people can pocket vast sums in relation to their peers in any other club in our division and the one above and we (deservedly) languish at the foot of the fourth division of English football??? Surely only in the absurd world that is SJP?

I understand that we are to congratulate Rumpole of Barnstaple for his leadership of the Trust and his selfless efforts on the Club board - yes great for putting in the time and effort BUT how, as owners of our club, have we let 3 employees miss every target they have set themselves , be convinced that we should pay them at least triple the going rate for the job, and oversee the greatest depression in footballing standards at the club most of us can remember?

We have a list of expensively acquired players who have no likelihood of being match fit anytime in the near future. If we see Reid leading the line before 2017 I would be amazed - we will be all but relegated by then.

Today we had the illusion of democracy with the Trust elections - willing ( and much appreciated!) volunteers but taking meaningless positions in fact. The club is , in reality, run under the unenlightend despotism of Tagg. The Trust will only been to seen to be working when this self serving triumvirate are brought to heel, and our club is dragged in to reality before it sinks behind saviour.

This was way beyond a one off poor performance - I see Tisdale nonchalantly leaning against the hoardings watching his team disintegrate. The team couldn't be bothered and he less so.

We are asked to believe that there were 3485 in the ground to witness this travesty of football. In our dreams! Plenty of empty season ticket seats, acres of seats in the OG, and the shrill shouts of pre pubescent kids in an attempt to pad out the gaps.

We will no doubt be asked " to keep the faith" in this self evident absurdity, and heavily criticised by the SJP politburo for being "disloyal". This is a nonsense.

Enough is enough. The current regimes position is absolutely untenable.

The yawning chasm of relegation is facing us - this is not a pessimism , it's fact.

Tisdale , Tagg and Perryman - thanks for everything but your sell by date expired about 4 years ago. For the sake of our club do the decent thing.

If they won't do the decent thing they must be shown the door.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great post and I note with interest your views on the attendance, as I myself am finding it hard to believe the official figures

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great post and I note with interest your views on the attendance, as I myself am finding it hard to believe the official figures
It did seem like a bigger crowd than the Grimsby game.

Great OP by the way, agree with everything.

Berkshire exile

Also agree - very good post

dontpassback

Good post,i came home thoroughly cheesed off and thought,iwill have a couple of drinks,that will make things seem better,but you know what,it hasnt,such was crap performance of today.i still feel angry whilst typing this(facepalm).

rp42

Don't worry chaps,i'm sure Stale will have the lads in for extra training tomorrow(rofl)

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Again the problem is there are still some utterly deluded people who actually think Tisdale should be our manager, backed up by a contract that after, what, 33 wins at home in 125 , 91st of 92 clubs, 1 draw at home and staring at the Conference , still makes him the safest manager in English football.

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
Oblivion is fast approaching at warp speed.
Donkeys led by Asses.

grecian55

4 of us (who left in the 80 th minute to get a earlier train than normal due to the crap being played ) were also discussing how the hell they got that figure ,seems very close to the Grimsby attendance ? yet gaps everywhere ,i think someone is telling Porkies about the Attendance ,who adds it all up Russell and Lewis ???:(

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oblivion is fast approaching at warp speed.
Donkeys led by Asses.
Right , and all the talk won't change the fact we'll be non league next season.Then we'll really see whose interested.