Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Westworld 2016

Re: Westworld 2016

Just watched episode 8 , 'Take my heart when you go.'
    Now that was good , and just who is the MIB's daughter and who/what is he for that matter?
    Starting to draw the bits together.

Last edited by Banksy; 13 June 2018 at 18:03. Reason: Double post

Well chuffed so far with the start of the post Cheeseassic age

Did Logan die in the desert or find the Door and is the Door really an escape from Westworld ? Based on all the dead bodies in the sea which looks like the ending for this series it seems not.

And what was that big wrong decision MIB made and which he is riding out to destroy and not coming back ? A functioning robot that he can transfer his consciousness into that does work but he now sees as just wrong ?

Is there a connect between Peter Abernathy and James Delos given their rather similar appearances ?

Looking forward to the last two episodes but I reckon Ford has all the answers.
    Last edited by Alistair20000; 13 June 2018 at 21:58.

So , the MIB is the younger William?I sometimes get a bit confused with the hopping about in time periods.
    Do the robots/hosts detonate if they try to leave the Park ?
    Where is the Park?Probably on an island , can't be in space because the guests don 't seem to be arriving
    by rocket!
    Looks like we've finished with Shogun World now and India World was just passing through as an aside.
    Is the grand plan in putting leading key guests minds into hosts , becoming immortal and taking over the world that way?
    Guess they will be able to stretch it out to another series.

Quote Originally Posted by Banksy View Post

So , the MIB is the younger William? Yes this was definitely proved I sometimes get a bit confused with the hopping about in time periods. Since he grew up from the young William has he morphed into a robot ? Hmmmm

Do the robots/hosts detonate if they try to leave the Park ? Yes they are fitted with a device that causes them to self destruct if leaving the park. Maeve had her self destruct function removed by Felix and matey before she went to catch the train to leave the park.

Where is the Park? Probably on an island , can't be in space because the guests don 't seem to be arriving by rocket! The consensus of thought is that it is an island probably somewhere in the seas around China. We see the guests arrive on a train but is that the shuttle service from the rocket landing area ?

Looks like we've finished with Shogun World now and India World was just passing through as an aside. Maybe being reserved to leave space for story lines in the future series but MIB's daughter came to Westworld via India World so there may be more to come from that. Not sure what her plans are for him?

Is the grand plan in putting leading key guests minds into hosts, becoming immortal and taking over the world that way? Given that James Delos was a businessman who loved money more than anything else I think Delos was looking to charge a huge fee to give mega rich guests immortality if they could perfect the technology and/or to blackmail them. World take over would be an interesting development on that. Maybe Trump is a Delos creation which explains the erratic behaviour and malfunctioning

Guess they will be able to stretch it out to another series. Series 3 confirmed I think
    MY thoughts in bold.

Ah , good that Series 3 may well be confirmed already.The story is beginning to develop , really enjoying following the various threads.Somehow missed or forgot that bit about the hosts exploding on exit!
    Last edited by Banksy; 15 June 2018 at 16:28.

A couple of episodes behind, so not reading the posts above!

I'd love to see a linear timeline version of this, I might then understand what's going on a bit more!

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    A couple of episodes behind, so not reading the posts above!

I'd love to see a linear timeline version of this, I might then understand what's going on a bit more!
    You've got some good episodes to view!

I won't say too much about Episode 9 in case others are behind. Just to say that we get to know more of the back story of the MIB and various loose ends are coming together despite Ford still apparently pulling lots of strings.

Still not sure if MIB is human/robot/some diabolical hybrid or whether there are human and robot versions

Ed Harris looks bleddy old !

A lot clearer about the storyline after watching episodes 8 and 9!