• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Westworld 2016

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did anyone watch the opening episode of this last night and if so what do you think about it ?

I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Did anyone watch the opening episode of this last night and if so what do you think about it ?

I'm not sure if I like it or not.
Just watched it on catch up. Very different. I liked it. A lot.

Alistair20000

I watched it again as I was not giving it enough attention on first viewing and was struggling to separate and identify the guests (humans) from the hosts (robots) Only loosely based on the 1973 film. I am now hooked and looking forward to Episode 2.

Last edited:

Banksy

I watched it again as I was not giving it enough attention on first viewing and was struggling to separate and identify the guests (humans) from the hosts (robots) Only loosely based on the 1973 film. I am now hooked and looking forward to Episode 2.
Yes , enjoyed it a lot , but then I've been an avid sci-fi/fantasy reader all my life.
I think there will be many twists and turns in this one along the way along the lines of Game of Thrones. I really did think the young gunslinger on the train was a visitor early on in that early twist.Looking forward to the next episode.

Banksy

Should have said I like westerns too so a good combination for me. Ed Harris and Anthony Hopkins on board can't be bad either!

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

I watched Westworld (1973) for the first time in 30 years to warm up Westworld (2016)

I quite enjoyed it,& hope it does not run out of steam..

Banksy

I watched Westworld (1973) for the first time in 30 years to warm up Westworld (2016)

I quite enjoyed it,& hope it does not run out of steam..
I know what you mean , you wonder just how many plots they can weave around the premiss.
The bad guy played by Ed Harris seems to have a deeper agenda than just shooting up the robots so......

Alistair20000

Yes , enjoyed it a lot , but then I've been an avid sci-fi/fantasy reader all my life.
I think there will be many twists and turns in this one along the way along the lines of Game of Thrones. I really did think the young gunslinger on the train was a visitor early on in that early twist.Looking forward to the next episode.
Me too. I was distracted by trying to do Lionel's warm up question for the quiz at the same time. Lesson learned. Full attention on the screen needed. I be are mainly thinking this series may surpass The Prisoner.

Last edited:

Banksy

Good old Patrick McGoohan , great series , beginning to feel my age now!

StroudGrecian

Me too. I was distracted by trying to do Lionel's warm up question for the quiz at the same time. Lesson learned. Full attention on the screen needed. I be are mainly thinking this series may surpass The Prisoner.
Colourbox?