Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 613

Thread: WC 2018 - Russia

  1. #71

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Mosh pit
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: WC 2018 - Russia

    Fair comments Terry. Agree about Lichtsteiner and Shaqiri and their 'antics'. They are vastly experienced and quality players but have to go that step too far sometimes. I missed Embolo out. I like the kid and think he's got a big future. Didn't know he'd been out for that long. Don't rate Behrami at all but i've seen a bit of Drmic and he's promising.

    As for Italy tonight, i'm not convinced they will do it. Italy have had some poor performances and results at home in recent years and have struggled to beat much inferior sides. I think it may have been Albania or perhaps Macedonia that they played at home in qualifying recently and couldn't beat them and were jeered off.

    I don't rate Sweden though either so i think if Italy score reasonably early then they'll go through but the longer it goes without them scoring i'd fancy the Swedes to dig in and hang on.
    Last edited by Legohead; 13 November 2017 at 12:03.

  2. #72
    Terryhall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Wer nid gumped isch kei Schwiizer
    Posts
    3,814

    Re: WC 2018 - Russia

    My Italian colleague at work told me 10 days ago that Sweden would go through.

    In case that does turn out to be true, he also told me Napoli are going to win the Scudetto and the Champions League this season (and he's a Juventus fan so that took some going to admit I suppose - although their CL campaign so far hasn't quite lived up to the hype).

  3. #73

    Re: WC 2018 - Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Terryhall View Post
    My Italian colleague at work told me 10 days ago that Sweden would go through.

    In case that does turn out to be true, he also told me Napoli are going to win the Scudetto and the Champions League this season (and he's a Juventus fan so that took some going to admit I suppose - although their CL campaign so far hasn't quite lived up to the hype).
    Well he is now at least one out of three after events at the San Siro tonight ! Now the big debate is will Zlatan consider coming out of international retirement, and if so would the Swedes want him ?

  4. #74
    exeweb.com admin Hants_red's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hants
    Posts
    37,544

    Re: WC 2018 - Russia

    Could FIFA do a sort of Europa league version of the World Cup? There are some good teams not going, plus there's Scotland!

  5. #75

    Re: WC 2018 - Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Colesman Ballz View Post
    Well he is now at least one out of three after events at the San Siro tonight ! Now the big debate is will Zlatan consider coming out of international retirement, and if so would the Swedes want him ?
    Would love to see Zlatan play in Russia,even if it is only a cameo role,he is one of the few modern players who I would pay top money to watch !

  6. #76
    Terryhall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Wer nid gumped isch kei Schwiizer
    Posts
    3,814

    Re: WC 2018 - Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Could FIFA do a sort of Europa league version of the World Cup? There are some good teams not going, plus there's Scotland!
    UEFA Nations League was launched in early October.

    http://www.uefa.com/uefanationsleagu...2507364.html#/
    http://www.football365.com/news/so-w...nations-league

  7. #77

    Re: WC 2018 - Russia

    Erickson for top scorer in Russia ?

  8. #78

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Mosh pit
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: WC 2018 - Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by dontpassback View Post
    Would love to see Zlatan play in Russia,even if it is only a cameo role,he is one of the few modern players who I would pay top money to watch !
    Was discussing this with a friend the other day. How in modern football you can more or less count on one hand the number of players who are world class, perform on a consistent basis and entertain and who are anywhere near worth the astronomical sums of money they 'earn'. Not in the too distant past they were coming out of your ears.

  9. #79

    Re: WC 2018 - Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Legohead View Post
    Was discussing this with a friend the other day. How in modern football you can more or less count on one hand the number of players who are world class, perform on a consistent basis and entertain and who are anywhere near worth the astronomical sums of money they 'earn'. Not in the too distant past they were coming out of your ears.
    Yes I agree,I know as you get older you always think previous players were better etc,but it does seem that quality footballers aren't a thick on the ground as they once were!

  10. #80
    Avening Posse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    7,796

    Re: WC 2018 - Russia

    Watched the Aussies beat Honduras last night to qualify. Massive enthusiasm, fireworks over Sydney harbour bridge after the final whistle. Not too sure about the team though ��

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •