Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WC 2018 - Russia

Re: WC 2018 - Russia

I am a big fan of Sturridge but he really is so frustrating. He is either brilliant or ****e and never in between. Unfortunately it was the latter tonight.

Lingard is never an England player and Alli always disappoints me for England. The front 4 in general were totally ineffective.

Would personally go for Vardy and Kane with Lallana in behind if all fit.

Townsend looked good when he came on but is very predictable.

The only consolation for that pile of turd is that the Sweaties got a good hiding.

Talk again on radio this morning about boycotting Russia 2018, though can't believe there will be anything left of Syria if the current level of destruction continues til then.

Also, who was the R5L commentator for Wales Georgia the other night, who kept telling us that Georgia was in the 'the very east of Europe'? Needs a geography lesson. Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Israel are all entirely within Asia; can someone explain why they are even in this competition?

EDIT: add Kazakhstan to that list.
    Last edited by StroudGrecian; 12 October 2016 at 06:23.

Quote Originally Posted by StroudGrecian View Post

Also, who was the R5L commentator for Wales Georgia the other night, who kept telling us that Georgia was in the 'the very east of Europe'? Needs a geography lesson. Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Israel are all entirely within Asia; can someone explain why they are even in this competition?

EDIT: add Kazakhstan to that list.
    Maybe because the competition is the World Cup and is not restricted to one particular continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Doug View Post
    Maybe because the competition is the World Cup and is not restricted to one particular continent.
    Umm, FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFYING - EUROPEAN REGION

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

I'm so bored of watching England - it's got to the stage where it just means I miss watching proper premier league matches and match of the day.

England against Slovenia - and we was so average borderline poor

Henderson and Dier 2 defensive midfielders it's Slovenia not Spain - why ? So cautious and negative

John stones ? Jesus he rates himself , him and Cahill against a proper side will get ripped to shreds

Sturridge lack of movement was criminal

So so poor - take Delle Ali and Lallana out and there's little left IMO

Agreed Creds. Watching the last two games has been bordering on genuinely painful, and like you I see international breaks now as an annoying interruption to the Premiership season. This current England side must be one of the worst since Graham Taylor was in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    Agreed Creds. Watching the last two games has been bordering on genuinely painful, and like you I see international breaks now as an annoying interruption to the Premiership season. This current England side must be one of the worst since Graham Taylor was in charge.
    Have to agree with you and Creds on this Ant. Isn't it a shame that its come to this, When the England games are on i rarely watch them an when i do i think "Why did I?" For me the excitement of Italia 90 an Euro 96 days are a distant memory now, That's the last time we had good teams IMHO, My breaking point was SA 2010, We were over-hyped as usual an true to form were not just awful but pathetic, Since then its been disappointment after disappointment

Off we go again with a little added spice of a local derby, make the most of it though as that's it until March

Friday 11th November 2016
    FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFYING - EUROPEAN REGION - GROUP C
    Northern Ireland v Azerbaijan 19:45

FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFYING - EUROPEAN REGION - GROUP F
    England v Scotland 19:45

Saturday 12th November 2016
    FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFYING - EUROPEAN REGION - GROUP D
    Wales v Serbia 19:45

Will be at Wembley on Saturday. I hope England are up for this.