• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Elections 2016

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
So then, who's putting themselves up for election in October?

http://ecfcst.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/trustee-agm-and-election-pack-2016.pdf

There seems to be a real groundswell of discontent at the moment, but for some reason I still can't envisage anyone standing for election who makes it public that the reason they're getting involved is to seriously question Tisdale's position and set about making a change. Don't ask me why, but it just doesn't seem likely.

Am I wrong? I hope so.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
We know that the Moxster is not standing. :( He might have rattled the cages of the entrenched forces of inertia and inaction.

cityregular

The AGM what an opportunity! --if enough people turn up we could cause havoc.

but why cant we find 3 or 4 people WITH CITY AT HEART to stand for election
it will need a stong will & determination if vote in, not just be a name on a bit of paper
& think you are representing the fans without doing what is wanted (i've tried)

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
but why cant we find 3 or 4 people WITH CITY AT HEART to stand for election
I think all those currently on the Trust board have City at heart, it's just that their position on Tisdale (and control over Tagg) seem to differ from the current atmosphere on the terraces. That's not their fault. What the Trust needs is for people to stand who represent the alternative anti-Tis, anti-Tagg viewpoint.

Any takers?

It's a crap argument to just say 'join the Trust and get elected'. The majority of football fans are not the type to sit on Boards. It doesnt mean that they can't have an opinion though which seems to get forgotten.

If I stood for the trust with no experience in this kind of role, being in my early 30's and the sole reason being "to get rid of Tisdale and/or Tagg then i hardly think I would be voted on. And if by some miracle I did then I would always be outvoted as a minority. Pointless.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a crap argument to just say 'join the Trust and get elected'. The majority of football fans are not the type to sit on Boards. It doesnt mean that they can't have an opinion though which seems to get forgotten.

If I stood for the trust with no experience in this kind of role, being in my early 30's and the sole reason being "to get rid of Tisdale and/or Tagg then i hardly think I would be voted on. And if by some miracle I did then I would always be outvoted as a minority. Pointless.
I'm not making that argument. If I was, I would be a total hypocrite as I have no intention of standing myself.

But if the majority opinion is now to get rid of Tisdale and reign Tagg in, surely this should be reflected in the views of someone who stands at this election.

I'm not making that argument. If I was, I would be a total hypocrite as I have no intention of standing myself.

But if the majority opinion is now to get rid of Tisdale and reign Tagg in, surely this should be reflected in the views of someone who stands at this election.
Sorry BB i wasn't aiming that at you. It's just the same comment that comes up from the Pro-Tisdale lot everytime anyone complains. Now the Trust themselves are at it.

Alistair20000

I don't think it would be appropriate to run on a manifesto of "Tisdale Out" Tagg Out" or any particular individual out for that matter. A better pitch would be the aim of ensuring that the Trust exercises proper control over the Club in its role of controlling shareholder. This would include setting realistic performance targets for ALL club employees and dealing appropriately with failure, including dismissal where targets are not achieved. The Trust should focus on the senior management at the Club such as Tisdale and Tagg in this.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think it would be appropriate to run on a manifesto of "Tisdale Out" Tagg Out" or any particular individual out for that matter. A better pitch would be the aim of ensuring that the Trust exercises proper control over the Club in its role of controlling shareholder. This would include setting realistic performance targets for ALL club employees and dealing appropriately with failure, including dismissal where targets are not achieved. The Trust should focus on the senior management at the Club such as Tisdale and Tagg in this.
Sure, I agree. The Trust has been spoiled really, because for it's entire existence it's never been in a situation where it's needed to figure out how to sack a manager - we had Eamo and Inglethorpe who both left under their own steam, followed by the Tisdale success years.

However it would be hard to run with a manifesto on the issues that you highlighted and deny that it's been brought on by our terrible on the pitch performances (particularly at home) and dwindling crowds of the last couple of seasons, both of which are pretty much down to Mr Tisdale.

Alistair20000

Sure, I agree. The Trust has been spoiled really, because for it's entire existence it's never been in a situation where it's needed to figure out how to sack a manager - we had Eamo and Inglethorpe who both left under their own steam, followed by the Tisdale success years.

However it would be hard to run with a manifesto on the issues that you highlighted and deny that it's been brought on by our terrible on the pitch performances (particularly at home) and dwindling crowds of the last couple of seasons, both of which are pretty much down to Mr Tisdale.
I don't think it matters that the decision to run has been brought on wholly or partly by the failures you point to. The failure of the Trust Board to properly control the Club Board is its biggest and most fundamental failure IMO. That is a perfectly respectable reason to stand and is not a reaction simply to the perceived failures of Tisdale and Tagg. In addition, if Tisdale had appropriate performance targets and was aware of the consequences of failure it might lead to him sharpen up his act. All too cosy at present. In view of the contract arrangements it would probably not be that easy to remove Tisdale anyway without acting reasonably in a step by step approach.