• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Boycott! Thats the only way!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Following Tisdale's remarkable comments about the fans "coming back again" to Radio Devon Reporter Seth Conway. The sheer arrogance of the man is there for all to see. Tisdale remains oblivious that we're in "a results driven business" as Conway said, and seems to think that two home wins in 18 home games is acceptable. "Why wouldnt they come back" he said, "I'm surprised you asked me that"!

Tisdale has never offered to take any blame for the dire football that fans have endured over the past five seasons, and instead repeatedly blames injuries to players. Injuries apart, its plainly evident that the squad he's assembled for this season isnt good enough to keep us in the Football League. let alone secure the mid table position that he considers is our rightfull place.

Tisdale has totally lost the plot and somethings got to give - he has to go. He's obviously not answerable to Tagg regarding on field results, in fact I think he can do whatever he likes. The only way I can see to force the issue is to boycott a major game, and in our case that would be the home game v Argyle. Drastic measures are now needed, and to cut off the money supply that pays Tisdales none to shabby salary is the only way to do it as I can see. We have to get somebody in who understands football and who'll stop this alarming slide to non league. By his attitude today, Tisdale is obviously prepared to go down with the ship. That cant be allowed to happen - we'll never come back again!

Tisdale might think he's in a job for life, with the ridiculous two year rolling contact he was given, but that only holds up as long as money is coming into the club to pay him. The financial supply has to stop, and the only way I can see that happening is to boycott games. In 60 years of following City, I never dreamed we'd ever be in a situation like the one we're in.

Following Tisdale's remarkable comments about the fans "coming back again" to Radio Devon Reporter Seth Conway. The sheer arrogance of the man is there for all to see. Tisdale remains oblivious that we're in "a results driven business" as Conway said, and seems to think that two home wins in 18 home games is acceptable. "Why wouldnt they come back" he said, "I'm surprised you asked me that"!

Tisdale has never offered to take any blame for the dire football that fans have endured over the past five seasons, and instead repeatedly blames injuries to players. Injuries apart, its plainly evident that the squad he's assembled for this season isnt good enough to keep us in the Football League. let alone secure the mid table position that he considers is our rightfull place.

Tisdale has totally lost the plot and somethings got to give - he has to go. He's obviously not answerable to Tagg regarding on field results, in fact I think he can do whatever he likes. The only way I can see to force the issue is to boycott a major game, and in our case that would be the home game v Argyle. Drastic measures are now needed, and to cut off the money supply that pays Tisdales none to shabby salary is the only way to do it as I can see. We have to get somebody in who understands football and who'll stop this alarming slide to non league. By his attitude today, Tisdale is obviously prepared to go down with the ship. That cant be allowed to happen - we'll never come back again!

Tisdale might think he's in a job for life, with the ridiculous two year rolling contact he was given, but that only holds up as long as money is coming into the club to pay him. The financial supply has to stop, and the only way I can see that happening is to boycott games. In 60 years of following City, I never dreamed we'd ever be in a situation like the one we're in.
I started a thread the season before last about a boycott and got absolutely slated for it!
But for me, tisdales crap management at home games has completely lost me the love of the game
Saturday's used to have a real buzz about them, meeting up with mates for a pint before hand, talking about the game with a real excitement.. Now the chat is just... How many will we lose by.. We are at home after all... Bet it will be another Crap performance, this should never be!
Personally I couldn't think of anything worse than going to a game at home this season and since I've been going since the mid 90's, fair to say the quicker he goes the better
But I honestly believe we could lose every game, get relegated and he would still come out with the usual nonsense

PeteUSA

I started a thread the season before last about a boycott and got absolutely slated for it!
I doubt very much if you'd get slated this time. Our position is so serious under a clueless manager that I cant see what else can be done to make an immediate impact? IMHO something peaceful needs to be done involving the Argyle game. Nothing against the law, just a boycott preferably, or leaflets. I doubt if signs or placards would be allowed in.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mentioned it on the matchday thread, Notts County at home on Tuesday 27 September?

PeteUSA

Mentioned it on the matchday thread, Notts County at home on Tuesday 27 September?
That would work, but it suggests you dont want to miss the Argyle game? Its okay though, we'll probably have lost every game up to the 27th anyway.

Sadly I think this is the only way - Tisdale is answerable to Tagg but Tagg doesn't ask any questions ! And neither do the board of Tagg

Looking at the empty seats in the stagecoach stand and a half full Big Bank yesterday - there appears to be a de facto boycott

Highly likelythe team will remain rudderless and winless until next home game - then a thumping from Argyle

The Grimes money will be frittered away on supporting this loss making enterprise

Half the matches this season have no sponsor - business support for the club is draining away and along with it funds

Over the last few years the guy I usually sit next to has put in over £10k through client hospitality and sponsorship - in his own words "not a cat in hells chance this year" - he's just reluctant to prop a clearly sieve like business with his money

So yes - boycott games - if you're a business hold back your money until Tagg and Tis are brought to heel or fired - BOTH are highly paid employees of the business ! Shareholders need to call them to account if they wont they shouldnt be subsidised

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
That would work, but it suggests you dont want to miss the Argyle game? Its okay though, we'll probably have lost every game up to the 27th anyway.
No I don't, because it's on my birthday!

Oldsmobile-88

Pete...Genuine question.How many games have you seen at SJP in the past 5 years ?.

A boycott of a game/games will badly hurt the club & is counter productive(re Blackpool )..If fans do not want to watch some of the turgid offerings at SJP,they will vote with their feet anyway.

A boycott will achieve very little except a further downward spiral for the football club.

scottus86

Pete...Genuine question.How many games have you seen at SJP in the past 5 years ?.

A boycott of a game/games will badly hurt the club & is counter productive(re Blackpool )..If fans do not want to watch some of the turgid offerings at SJP,they will vote with their feet anyway.

A boycott will achieve very little except a further downward spiral for the football club.
What if people paid entry the stood outside the stands in protest?

Not sure a boycott would be counter productive. Perhaps the best way of getting the clubs and respective boards attention. However it would need to be planned and a co-ordinated approach with publicity otherwise here would be little point.

I note your comments re Blackpool, however the key difference (in theory) is that we 'own' our football club and change ought to be easier than kicking out a private owner who, if they have no intention of selling then there is little that you can achieve