Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ade Edmondson

Ade Edmondson

Just turned on radio five live extra ready for England v Pakistan ODI. Commentary on was Yorkshire v Notts caught the end of interview with Ade.
    I believe he had been talking about the Hull game saying he was a city supporter, had a season ticket and finishing with the cry "come on you Grecians" top man.
    We say we are a different football Club. Feel it is fair to say Ade is not a typical celebrity supporter either. UTC

Re: Ade Edmondson

Awww, I must have just missed that as I was listening to the Yorkshire vs Notts commentary too but switched off for a bit before tuning in to England.

Unlike many he isn't one of those "turn up when the cameras are on me" celebrity supporter types - having seen him at away grounds up and down the country.

Perhaps he's the sugar daddy we're waiting for?

I'd be pretty confident that he has no interest in that whatsoever. He's just a bloke - a famous one admittedly - that likes to watch his local team with his mates.

Met him once ,really nice ordinary bloke with a talent to make people laugh and not up his own arse like some famous people.

Never actually met the bloke but I've seen him a couple of times at away games - comes across as a nice bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpassback View Post
    Met him once ,really nice ordinary bloke with a talent to make people laugh and not up his own arse like some famous people.
    Probably cos he's not really very famous is he?

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    Think he's famous to those of us a certain age an remember his time in "The Young Ones" "Bottom" etc in the 80's an early 90's. As for being a Sugar Daddy, Like Ant says he's a just a fan an probably likes to follow his team on the terraces, Not the boardroom

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    Malcs sorry I have to disagree. If you care to read his Wikipedia page you will see he is credited as being a comedian, writer, actor (TV and West End roles) musician, TV presenter and director his last credit being 5 episodes of BBC's 2016 version of War and Peace. I have met him too he really loves his football is a fully committed City supporter and is very down to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexton Blake View Post
    Malcs sorry I have to disagree. If you care to read his Wikipedia page you will see he is credited as being a comedian, writer, actor (TV and West End roles) musician, TV presenter and director his last credit being 5 episodes of BBC's 2016 version of War and Peace. I have met him too he really loves his football is a fully committed City supporter and is very down to earth.
    Sorry, didn't want to offend you and I'm not saying he's anything but a committed City supporter... I suspect, however, he's probably better known as Jennifer Saunders old man....
    Last edited by malcolms; 24 August 2016 at 18:23.