• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion are an EMBARRASSMENT to the club

grecianexiled28

All through last season I/we had to put up with there stupid songs and chants at home games and last night I went to the Taunton game and there they were behind the goal, massive flag flying and singing more cringey songs, and then in the 2nd half some bright spark thinks its good to let off flares.

what is it with these embarrassing little ****'s?? i hope the club gets fined so they come down hard on these so-called fans!!

also home games are bad enough to go to without having to stand and listen to a bunch of spotty kids thinking they're something they're not!!

LeedsGrecian

I am going to be embarrassed to stand in the same stand as them at Blackpool.

They have got the publicity that they so wanted through an ITV article. As I have said on another post, there is a difference between supporting your team and being an utter *****. This group of teenagers really do not know what the difference is. As you said, I hope the club comes down hard on them.

Lastly, Im glad that you have picked up on the "cringey songs" aspect. 95% of these songs that have been made up by a kid with nothing better to do and are utter s**t

Terryhall

I don't think the club will be fined as it wasn't a competitive match (therefore the FA and football league will likely not take any action.)

However the individual with the smoke bomb is still liable under the law for having taken a smoke bomb into a football ground (3 month sentence plus likely football banning order) and also if under 18, up to an £80 fine (not much) for possessing a smoke bomb below the legal age limit.

Helpfully, one of his mates filmed it and put it online, so it shouldn't be too hard for the police to track him down.

Grecian68

I don't think the club will be fined as it wasn't a competitive match (therefore the FA and football league will likely not take any action.)

However the individual with the smoke bomb is still liable under the law for having taken a smoke bomb into a football ground (3 month sentence plus likely football banning order) and also if under 18, up to an £80 fine (not much) for possessing a smoke bomb below the legal age limit.

Helpfully, one of his mates filmed it and put it online, so it shouldn't be too hard for the police to track him down.
Someone did looking at itv website

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2016-07-27/flares-thrown-onto-pitch-at-exeter-city-game/

Last edited:

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
But they've made the atmosphere at home better so it's okay.

Red Nose

Throwing a flare is unacceptable. And well done Danny Butterfield.

The RL have been a great asset to the Club over the past 12 months, with Liverpool at home being the pinnacle. However any more behaviour like this and all that good work will be undone.

grecianexiled28

FFS!! I saw Butterfield go over to them, i didn't realise it made the news though!! haha

Terryhall

Yep, that's the one I meant. I wonder whether any UK citizen has yet reported this to the local police?

Grecian68

Yep, that's the one I meant. I wonder whether any UK citizen has yet reported this to the local police?
The lad who threw it is clearly recognisable in the video, so someone must know who he is.

LeedsGrecian

The lad who threw it is clearly recognisable in the video, so someone must know who he is.
I know the guy stood on the wall who gets zoomed in on.

He proceeded to call me "a melt" on facebook last night. Classic keyboard warrior