• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ground redevelopment?

So what's the latest? Seems to of gone quiet
Guess we are stuck with the ramshackle for the foreseeable future

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
My understanding is that the club is still waiting for the administrative court at Cardiff to make a decision whether there is a strong case for the St James Forum to be granted a full judicial review. I'm given to understand that they can take between two to five months to come to a conclusion.

What is worse is that, if the court go against them, I believe that the SJF have the right of appeal!

I honestly believe they know that, fundamentally, they don't have a strong enough case, but the bureaucracy of the system allows the SJF to drag it out as long as possible, which, to my mind, is clearly is what they want to do.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Hopefully that is closer to the two months.

I see that the student block by the cricket ground has been completed. Photos in the Echo looked good.

Last edited:

Avening Posse

I don't want to be a doom monger, but this time of year is a slow period for these decisions, but like Pete I think their chance of being granted one is not too strong, a decision maker only has to think the Council did not consider the ins and outs of the reasoning put forward, and the forum put these views forward by way of objection before the decision was made, so I fail to see how it can be shown how the Council did not consider it before making its decision. Its not about the merit of the decision per se, its about whether it was considered and followed logical reasoning in terms of all policy, not just the neighbourhood forum (in my view)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

richard_portland

presumeably these planning applications are an alteration to what was in the original plans? Would have expected the movement of these things to have been part of what we got approval for.

Not sure where there is space on the opposite side of the away terrace for the control tower?

I don't see why it isn't possible to give a better idea of what is going to happen , and when.

Fareham Grecian

presumeably these planning applications are an alteration to what was in the original plans? Would have expected the movement of these things to have been part of what we got approval for.

Not sure where there is space on the opposite side of the away terrace for the control tower?

I don't see why it isn't possible to give a better idea of what is going to happen , and when.
Couldn't agree more. There SHIRLEY must be some idea of when we might start the work.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Couldn't agree more. There SHIRLEY must be some idea of when we might start the work.
Not sure that any developer would commit to even a provisional start date while the whole project could yet be scuppered by the Forum's legal action.

denzel

Not sure that any developer would commit to even a provisional start date while the whole project could yet be scuppered by the Forum's legal action.
What legal action? They've given up.

richard_portland

The update makes no sense to me, the opposite end of the away terrace suggests to me that would mean somewhere near the existing turnstiles. Can't see where there is space there, nor why it would make sense to move it from the existing position. The away terrace wouldn't be done in any case until the stand is built. The movement of the bank turnstiles down onto well street I thought was in the original drawings.