• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

My mate's so thick...

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the RAF, a bloke in front of me in the queue at the Tool Store asked for some paint brushes.

"I got 3", 2" or 1" said the Storeman .

"Hmmm" He replied "How big are the 2 inch ones ? "

True story.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
He also got promoted before me.

Sad but true story.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
... he thought Napoli was how babies dressed.

contrabombarde

Not my mate but me actually, when ordering a Viz magazine subscription and the girl on the phone asked me if I wanted 10 issues and I thought she said "tennis shoes " I immediately thought I had dialed the wrong number. The conversation got even more bizarre when I told her that she hadn't even asked me what my shoe size was.
My wife listening to the conversation twigged my stupidity and I couldn't even understand why she was crying with laughter.

STURTZ

Not my mate but me actually, when ordering a Viz magazine subscription and the girl on the phone asked me if I wanted 10 issues and I thought she said "tennis shoes " I immediately thought I had dialed the wrong number. The conversation got even more bizarre when I told her that she hadn't even asked me what my shoe size was.
My wife listening to the conversation twigged my stupidity and I couldn't even understand why she was crying with laughter.
(rofl) Had a similar surreal experience the other day, the phone salesman was talking about new discounts and I was wondering why he was promoting naked vampires.

Last edited:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Someone told my wife today that she'd received a call from an Indian lady who asked if she could check her unclaimed PPI's.

She replied that there was nothing wrong with her eyesight !

Red Lion

.....he thought Pubic Hair was Gus Honeybun's cousin....

Swanaldo

...he thought a stampede was a Scottish philatelist.

fred binneys head

...he joined a vigilante group and beat up a paediatrician.

Spoonz Red E

... he thought a male antelope was an unclelope