• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad for Morecambe

JamieEcfc

As we have nothing to play for, hope to see some fresh faces introduced.

Notably Ethan Ampadu, never seen him play but rave reviews suggest we should be introducing him to cash in as he won't be staying from what I've gathered

Pym

Ribiero
Brown
Tilson
JMT

Oyeleke
Noble
McCready

Watkins

Reid
Stockley

Subs: Olejnik, Down, Harley, Ampadu, Holmes, Grant, Nicholls.

Would be my squad of choice

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Not sure whether we can play ampadu without him signing a pro deal. Not sure how it works now with younger players. Martin Phillips made his debut when he was 15 or 16? But not sure if rules have changed since then.

Would like to see Pym get a start, and a few fringe players like Tillson and Oyeleke. If Tisdale has decided to release certain players I would leave them out although wouldn't be surprised to see a couple who are on the way out get a cameo. Morrison would probably be a popular one with the crowd so could see that happening if he is fit enough, maybe fifteen minutes off the bench.

Red Bill

As we have nothing to play for, hope to see some fresh faces introduced.

Notably Ethan Ampadu, never seen him play but rave reviews suggest we should be introducing him to cash in as he won't be staying from what I've gathered

Pym

Ribiero
Brown
Tilson
JMT

Oyeleke
Noble
McCready

Watkins

Reid
Stockley

Subs: Olejnik, Down, Harley, Ampadu, Holmes, Grant, Nicholls.

Would be my squad of choice
Think this looks good. I have no faith in Reid ever making the grade though so wouldn't have him in there. I'd like to see Nicholls playing up there instead, he is a striker after all.

A player I'd like a look at was a lad I saw playing in the game against Fluminense U19s last summer. Maybe Bradley something or perhaps something Bradley, but he was a full back right sided I think. Didn't see a lot of him but he quite impressed me at the time.

Red Bill

Not sure whether we can play ampadu without him signing a pro deal. Not sure how it works now with younger players. Martin Phillips made his debut when he was 15 or 16? But not sure if rules have changed since then.

Would like to see Pym get a start, and a few fringe players like Tillson and Oyeleke. If Tisdale has decided to release certain players I would leave them out although wouldn't be surprised to see a couple who are on the way out get a cameo. Morrison would probably be a popular one with the crowd so could see that happening if he is fit enough, maybe fifteen minutes off the bench.
Yes I hope Clinton gets 10 mins as he's retiring. Ok he hasn't been great for us but I get the feeling he really likes the club and has been very good with us fans.

STURTZ

I'd love to wave bye bye to Morrison!

StroudGrecian

I would like us to play 2 young quick full backs, perhaps Egan and Riley Lowe.

Last edited:

JamieEcfc

I would like us to play 2 young quick full backs, perhaps Egan and Riley Lowe.
Neither are eligible are they? both out on loan

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Neither are eligible are they? both out on loan
Jyle Egan has returned from loan, and so could play.

Connor Riley-Lowe has been rested by Tully following an injury but is expected to feature for Truro in their play off games. So, he can't play for us.

I don't think we will do it but 100% sure that you can in theory pick players from 14/15 years old. Izzy Brown who now plays for Chelsea (on loan at Vitesse Arnhem) made his 1st team debut for West Brom at 16 in the Premier League, Jordan Ibe played for Wycombe in the League at 15 and Mason Bennett was playing for Derby County at 15 so he would be able to be picked in theory. Be surprised if it happened but it might not hurt if it did in that if for whatever reason he didn't leave when everybody expects him to but leaves at a later stage it would only help his value at that point.

Last edited:

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Play the youngsters/fringe players tomorrow and then the veterans for their final hurrah at Luton